300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in Dispatch

I think it would have been easier for me to become a deputy or something had I not got this job.
    Gotta catch em allll.........

Well, as somebody who also wants in I feel your pain. I have to say though, you are lucky to have a great job. Dispatchers make great money and a lot of people don't have jobs, let alone make good money. Hang in there, it will work out.

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
      I think it would have been easier for me to become a deputy or something had I not got this job.
      Lots of people don't have jobs, or have truly crappy ones. At least you work in your chosen industry. Chin up.

Comment

As X1 put it, chin up. You have a great job with great pay and benefits. I've been out of LE work for over a year now and I'm still fighting to get back in. My job now doesn't pay great and the benefits suck, but it's a job and it pays the bills. It'll have to do for now. Keep your head up!!

Comment

I did five years in dispatch (two different departments) before becoming an officer. I really enjoyed dispatched and did it for a couple years more on OT after becoming a cop. But by the time I left I was ready to go. Hang in there bro.

Comment

Look on the bright side...like LE not all are cut out to be dispatchers. You are our lifelines and we, although most don't say it, appreciate it. Keep up the good work...and thank you.
            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

+1 on having a job, especially with an SO. You've got a foot in the door, and its tougher if you were coming from outside. Unless you're doing a terrible job, which I'm sure you not.

I took a job recently that I absolutely loathe, but as they already said, pays the bills and is legal. Nuff for me.

Comment

Hey guys.. thanks for making things brighter for me. Seriously... A year and 11 days later still no phonecall for my polygraph date..... Written test (passed) PAT (passed) BI interview (passed) Background (passed) Poly (pending)

Comment

Going on 7 years as a dispatcher.... Was hired when I was 20.

Comment

We've had several dispatchers go on to become sworn, one put himself thru academy. You are still in a better position than most, just hang in there and keep fit.
                    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
                      Hey guys.. thanks for making things brighter for me. Seriously... A year and 11 days later still no phonecall for my polygraph date..... Written test (passed) PAT (passed) BI interview (passed) Background (passed) Poly (pending)
                      That's strange, normally they would conduct the poly before starting on the background. This way, they make sure you didn't lie in the background packet, and they don't have to waste their time if you didn't pass the poly.

When was the last time you spoke to your BI? As you know there is going to be quite a bit of movement in January. If you don't hear from your BI by then, you should give him/her a follow-up call or e-mail after the moves. Just to make sure you still have the same BI assigned to you.

Good luck.
                      "Think about the consequences before you mess with a Deputy Sheriff."

Comment

I feel your pain. I graduated the academy and I took a job working in dispatch and the jail. But it is a good job and it certainly helps you with your career goals. After working the jail I'm a firm believer that every LEO should work the jail before going out on the street. But I'm sure I'll get ten responses disagreeing with that lol

Comment

Originally posted by tcso219 View Post
                          After working the jail I'm a firm believer that every LEO should work the jail before going out on the street. But I'm sure I'll get ten responses disagreeing with that lol
                          I'll be the first one to agree with you. I've been in the jail for nearly two years, and the officers just don't quite understand our role and often see us as inferior.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6542 users online. 351 members and 6191 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X