Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA POST elsewhere?

Hey Guys and Gals,
    I'm sure this has been beaten to death but I'm going to toss it up anyways. I figured it wasn't Ask-a-Cop worthy and it's specifically related to California, so here we are. Which states OUTSIDE of California will accept our state's POST certification? With the freezes, money issues and all, I'm sure many people (even on O.com) are having a tough time even getting to the BI portion of the application process.

I'd like to add that I'm not looking for the ones that aren't (even though I appreciate the thought to input), just the ones that are.

From another thread I got:

1) Missouri (with $55 fee for fingerprinting)
    2) Nevada (two week "in-lieu of" class)

Any others? Good luck to all of you applicants!

PS - Yes, I did use the search feature. A lot.
    sigpic

Originally posted by mitojo
    I was once thanked by two citizens in one day. Weird.

A similar thread can be found in this forum discussion:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...raining-Course
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

South Carolina will, the dept will hire you and send you to the 3 week legal’s transition at the SCCJA.
      Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

Virginia does, or at least used to, I got my Virginia DCJS certification by taking 140 hours of classes on law, defensive tactics and shooting there in 1996.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

You can use your CA POST almost anywhere in the country; Idaho, NY, MA, ME, VT, CT, MN. I know because I did it. pm me if you want more info

Comment

Texas is another, pass the written state exam and get hired by a PD that will hold your commission. www.tcleose.state.tx.us is equivalent to CA POST. Good luck

Comment

I believe Arizona does, but I think you might need to attend a three week or so course on their laws.

Comment

Question about California Police Department, a lot California Police Departments require CA Post for entry police officer position, does that mean you have to self sponser in police academy?

Thanks

Comment

Indiana

http://www.in.gov/core/faqs.html?faq...ted=1214223543

Indiana Law Enforcement Academy

http://www.in.gov/ilea/

Comment

Illinois does. You have an 80 hr. O/L class and State Cert Test. For Chicago PD you would have to attend their full academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7582 users online. 410 members and 7172 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X