300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zr5667 View Post
    Huh, how about that, Asians weren't a party to the lawsuit.

Must be kind of inconvenient when you're complaining about racism to be reminded that Asians easily outperform whites when it comes to things like income and education.
    Out of the top 25 billionaires in the world, 2 are asian. Sounds like they are superior in regards to income and education

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMerr View Post
      Out of the top 25 billionaires in the world, 2 are asian. Sounds like they are superior in regards to income and education
      I'm afraid the jurisdiction of U.S courts generally don't extend beyond our territorial borders.

Comment

Please put some evidence forward that asians "outperform" whites in education rather than continuing to make generalizations. And I don't really care about high school and the SAT; any idiot can do well in high school. Everyone knows that not all high schools are equally as challenging academically. How about some college undergrad, grad, and even doctorate stats? As far as asians outperforming whites in work, what the hell does that even mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Barkley84 View Post
          Please put some evidence forward that asians "outperform" whites in education rather than continuing to make generalizations. And I don't really care about high school and the SAT; any idiot can do well in high school. Everyone knows that not all high schools are equally as challenging academically. How about some college undergrad, grad, and even doctorate stats? As far as asians outperforming whites in work, what the hell does that even mean?
          I provided it for you above.

I can find many many more if you like.

If you dont' care about high school and SAT's then what other standard are you looking for? Asians outperfom all other ethnic groups at all levels of education and are over represented in all major higher education centers, including the most pretigious Ivy League Schools.

Why all of a sudded it's racist to point out facts, is beyond me.
          Last edited by Reservetobe; 12-10-2010, 07:30 PM.

Comment

They're more likely to be college graduates, and they have a higher average income.

College Degrees

Wikipedia, yo.

Comment

Originally posted by IE Copper View Post
              As JeffMerr stated, it's a pretty simple concept. I'm not going to explain reverse racism to you. Reverse discrimination is the nice way to say it, but why flower up what it is with nicer words? Google it if you really don't understand it.
              Sorry, I thought you understood my point: Racism is racism (no need to the qualifier "reverse" when describing it here).
              "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I'm Chinese-American and I will just admire this from afar

Comment

This link proves it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esKwU3BrUfM

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                    Sorry, I thought you understood my point: Racism is racism (no need to the qualifier "reverse" when describing it here).
                    Ah, I misunderstood you. By definition it is reverse discrimination, however.
                    "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." Winston Churchill

Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side.

Comment

Originally posted by Reservetobe View Post
                      I provided it for you above.

I can find many many more if you like.

If you dont' care about high school and SAT's then what other standard are you looking for? Asians outperfom all other ethnic groups at all levels of education and are over represented in all major higher education centers, including the most pretigious Ivy League Schools.

Why all of a sudded it's racist to point out facts, is beyond me.
                      That's funny, I didn't see any evidence in what you provided. And there you go making more claims without any evidence.
                      Last edited by Barkley84; 12-11-2010, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zr5667 View Post
                        Wikipedia, yo.
                        Wow, you used wikipedia as a source. Are you serious? No need to even debate with you on this subject any longer.

Comment

That's funny, I didn't see any evidence in what you provided. And there you go making more claims without any evidence.
                          Then you are just blind and refuse to acknowledge it. Do your own research and enlighten yourself. Obviously anything someone else provides won't be good enough for you.

I will provide one more and be done with you.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/4382...ivy-league.htm
                          Last edited by Reservetobe; 12-11-2010, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I'm not saying your wrong, but your evidence is very weak. I don't know if you went to college and if you did, where you went. That wouldn't fly where I went to school. First of all, for the sake of argument, one would need to define what "outperform" even means. I don't need to look it up because I'm not the one making the claim, which is all that it is so far, a claim.

Comment

Wow, you used wikipedia as a source. Are you serious? No need to even debate with you on this subject any longer.
                              Wikipedia is about as good a source of accurate information as Britannica, the venerable standard-bearer of facts about the world around us, according to a study published this week in the journal Nature.

For its study, Nature chose articles from both sites in a wide range of topics and sent them to what it called "relevant" field experts for peer review. The experts then compared the competing articles--one from each site on a given topic--side by side, but were not told which article came from which site. Nature got back 42 usable reviews from its field of experts.
                              In the end, the journal found just eight serious errors, such as general misunderstandings of vital concepts, in the articles. Of those, four came from each site. They did, however, discover a series of factual errors, omissions or misleading statements. All told, Wikipedia had 162 such problems, while Britannica had 123.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/Study-Wikipedia...#ixzz17srGwjuS

http://www.census.gov/prod/2004pubs/p20-550.pdf

http://pubdb3.census.gov/macro/03200.../new03_000.htm

These are the sources wikipedia uses for the foreposted graphs. Hopefully the federal government meets your high standards.

I'm not saying your wrong, but your evidence is very weak. I don't know if you went to college and if you did, where you went. That wouldn't fly where I went to school. First of all, for the sake of argument, one would need to define what "outperform" even means. I don't need to look it up because I'm not the one making the claim, which is all that it is so far, a claim.
                              At my school they taught us the difference between you're and your. My elementary school, to be exact.
                              Last edited by zr5667; 12-12-2010, 03:33 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11057 users online. 447 members and 10610 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X