Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A thinking post for you Law Enfrocment Individuals...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thinking post for you Law Enfrocment Individuals...

For you Cops out there... A question asked in a course I am taking, wondering what you could charge them with?

Pestinikas and his wife verbally agreed to provide food, medicine, and other necessities to a sick and elderly 92-year-old man. Unfortunately, Pestinikas and his wife failed to provide the food and medical care they had been paid to provide. The state can prove that the 92-year-old man’s death was caused by this failure and that the man died of malnutrition and exposure.
    Under the criminal code of California, could criminal charges be brought against Pestinikas? What possible charge could be issued?

Really? Why would a CA Officer need to "Think" about CA laws? He/She already went to College/Academy and did their own work.

Listen NO ONE is going to give you the answer. Do your research and write your paper. Don't forget to properly cite your references as well.
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Lol.... Busted!

Comment

I would write a report and give it to the county prosecutor's office. An assistant pros would review the case (may or may not speak with the chief pros) and decide what charges he/she thinks fit the situation and that they have the best chance of getting a guilty finding on.

Comment

Originally posted by MacOtac View Post
          For you Cops out there... A question asked in a course I am taking, wondering what you could charge them with?

Pestinikas and his wife verbally agreed to provide food, medicine, and other necessities to a sick and elderly 92-year-old man. Unfortunately, Pestinikas and his wife failed to provide the food and medical care they had been paid to provide. The state can prove that the 92-year-old man’s death was caused by this failure and that the man died of malnutrition and exposure.
          Under the criminal code of California, could criminal charges be brought against Pestinikas? What possible charge could be issued?
          Yeah, we'll get right on that for ya...
          Ignore List----DAL

"but I warranty you that I’ll be a better candidate than a kid that just got out of high school and self-sponsor himself."...Just another brain surgeon who's looking for a cop job on Officer.com.

Comment

We need to add 'post trolling question in a bid to have someone else do my research for me' as a reason for banning
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I say just go with petty theft of the food .. they obviously bought it.. but they were hungry and ate it themselves.

Comment

Okay, I'll bite! Could you be a bit more specific as to what criminal charges you are considering against Pestinikas and his wife? If you don't have one in mind, go here and research it:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/ca...ebody=&hits=20

or, here:

Perhaps, here:

am certain you will find it!
                Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Ok I got one for you. You are on a country road and come up to a bridge. A little guy pops out in front of you and says if you answer a riddle you may pass. What is this little guy called?
                  God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

A TROLL stands on a table, both hands behind his back. In one hand is the question; in the other is the answer. He asks you to choose what you want for dinner... you don't want to get up.

Your welcome.
                    "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." Winston Churchill

Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side.

Comment

You should hire a Lawyer if you failed to render service under a verbal contract are worried about being charged for it.

Comment

Thanks guys for the positive answers... ! Just looking to get some other feed back from officers, that if approached with that situation, what would you try to charge them with so I can see if I am going in the right direct or if you could help point me in the right direction. I knew I was going to get some flak for this LOL..... Thank you to all that did contribute to help out though!

Troll.... I am not a troll, I have posted here before.... Geeez such hostility towards a simple question!

Comment

Thanks guys for the positive answers... ! Just looking to get some other feed back from officers, that if approached with that situation, what would you try to charge them with so I can see if I am going in the right direct or if you could help point me in the right direction. I knew I was going to get some flak for this LOL..... Thank you to all that did contribute to help out though!
                          Huh? Nobody helped you... Who are you thanking?
                          "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." Winston Churchill

Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side.

Comment

Okay, I'll bite! Could you be a bit more specific as to what criminal charges you are considering against Pestinikas and his wife? If you don't have one in mind, go here and research it:

Thanks for the link SGT., got a lot of good info from there!
                            Last edited by MacOtac; 12-08-2010, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IE Copper View Post
                              Huh? Nobody helped you... Who are you thanking?
                              You don't know that.... there is a thing called a PM

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10510 users online. 387 members and 10123 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X