Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off list gun loophole - 12133(b)

12133(b)
    The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to a single-shot pistol with a barrel length of not less than six inches and that has an overall length of at least 10 1/2 inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and barrel are assembled.

Apparently, there are some FFL’s out there with manufacture status in CA that will modify a 1911 to comply with the above law.

On paper they are NOT importing guns. They are manufacturing them to comply with the above so they do not have to be on the approved list.

The consumer then of course modifies the single shot 6 inch barrel to be a conventional 1911. I say modified because on paper it never was a regular 1911.

Opinions, thoughts……….

I happened across this because I was wanted to get a Les Baer 4 inch model. They don’t have one listed. The cost to buy a 5 inch version and then send it back to have a 4 inch top end mounted is ridiculously expensive. I may as well get a Brown, Nighthawk, or Wilson then (which do list Commander sized 1911’s).

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
    - Cornelius Tacitus

Yeah there are companies that do this for AR pistols, glocks, and even XDm pistols. They will do it for any gun for the right price.
    If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I would just pay the markup for the gun on calguns before I bought a gun that required severe manipulation to make it single shot. Some don't require much but I read they are doing weird stuff to get the HK45 in. For 400-500 more over MSRP you can just buy one that is new in box.

Comment

All they do is take the mag release out and put a bolt through it to fix the mag. Block the mag to accept 0 rounds and make a fake long barrel that drops in. Nothing permanent. Everything is really easy to reverse. The last hk45 I saw on calguns was over $1800.
        If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Fortunately, there is PC § 12125(b)(4).
          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
            Fortunately, there is PC § 12125(b)(4).
            The sale or purchase of any pistol, revolver or other firearm
            capable of being concealed upon the person, if the pistol, revolver,
            or other firearm is sold to, or purchased by, the Department of
            Justice, any police department, any sheriff's official, any marshal's
            office, the Youth and Adult Correctional Agency, the California
            Highway Patrol, any district attorney's office, or the military or
            naval forces of this state or of the United States
            for use in the
            discharge of their official duties. Nor shall anything in this
            section prohibit the sale to, or purchase by, sworn members of these
            agencies
            of any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being
            concealed upon the person.

So is this saying the provision doesn't apply to
            1) The agencies listed above for their duties?
            2) sworn members of the agencies listed above for their any reason?

I'm focusing on military here now. That's how I read it. They are being treated the same as any LEO agency or personnel as the words are reading. Yes, no?

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
            - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
              All they do is take the mag release out and put a bolt through it to fix the mag. Block the mag to accept 0 rounds and make a fake long barrel that drops in. Nothing permanent. Everything is really easy to reverse. The last hk45 I saw on calguns was over $1800.
              There are a couple on there for 1450 that haven't sold yet. Now that the single shot exemption is so popular the legislature will figure out whats up and try to ban it... especially with Kamala in charge at the DOJ.

Comment

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
                The sale or purchase of any pistol, revolver or other firearm
                capable of being concealed upon the person, if the pistol, revolver,
                or other firearm is sold to, or purchased by, the Department of
                Justice, any police department, any sheriff's official, any marshal's
                office, the Youth and Adult Correctional Agency, the California
                Highway Patrol, any district attorney's office, or the military or
                naval forces of this state or of the United States
                for use in the
                discharge of their official duties. Nor shall anything in this
                section prohibit the sale to, or purchase by, sworn members of these
                agencies
                of any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being
                concealed upon the person.

So is this saying the provision doesn't apply to
                1) The agencies listed above for their duties?
                2) sworn members of the agencies listed above for their any reason?

I'm focusing on military here now. That's how I read it. They are being treated the same as any LEO agency or personnel as the words are reading. Yes, no?
                I don't think so. "Agency" normally refers to a state or local government agency. I have never heard the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps are called an agency.

In addition, the military does not routinely allow its personnel to supply their own weapons or carry concealed weapons in the U.S.
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4720 users online. 283 members and 4437 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X