300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGT. Joe Friday View Post
    Did you talk to a real person at SS or just the automated machine. I was able a copy of my card pretty easily.
    Go here then look either under the section of Check a Registration or Men 26 and older
    I'm sure you know this but there are more ways than one to get documentation. If you know you registered and at one point were mailed a card, do not accept No for an answer. The governments inefficiency is now your problem, unfortunately. You will just have to jump through a few more hoops

Back off him, Pal. He's trying to figure out how to get hired. The least you could do is help him. Didnt you need help at one point or another? Or did you save everything mommy and daddy told you to? I dont know a soul who saved that card. Most applicants call the SS to get their number. Why do you think most applications and CQ's have the SS number and website printed right next to the question? hmm?
    Actually "pal" I have mine right here in my file. However, I enlisted at 17 so I wasnt to worried about it, but managed to due my duty and register and keep the card. I pretty much saved everything mommy and daddy told me to. Id say its served me pretty well.
    Last edited by FlyingPig1; 12-04-2010, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Here, go to this site, enter your name and social security number and see if you are on file:

https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfVerification.aspx
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

I did regiseter on my 18th birthday. I remember my dad forced me to fill it out and mail it. I remember exactly where I mailed it. I have contacted the SS and spoke to someone there. They said it probably got lost in the mail. They also said that they sent correspondence to me regarding my non registered status. I have never moved from my residence. I asked for copies of the correspondence and they refused to provide me with anything. I am the oldest of five kids with three younger brothers. All of them are registered but I am not. My dad has all their cards but not mine.
        After speaking to the SS I completed the request for status information letter and their response was that My failure to not register was not knowing or willfull and that it is up to the department to proceed or not.

Comment

Originally posted by JIM88 View Post
          I did regiseter on my 18th birthday. I remember my dad forced me to fill it out and mail it. I remember exactly where I mailed it. I have contacted the SS and spoke to someone there. They said it probably got lost in the mail. They also said that they sent correspondence to me regarding my non registered status. I have never moved from my residence. I asked for copies of the correspondence and they refused to provide me with anything. I am the oldest of five kids with three younger brothers. All of them are registered but I am not. My dad has all their cards but not mine.
          After speaking to the SS I completed the request for status information letter and their response was that My failure to not register was not knowing or willfull and that it is up to the department to proceed or not.
          You must understand that no agency - POST or Selective Service - holds the magic wand to get you hired. It is always up to the agency where you applied. Perhaps there is something else in your package that is causing the agency to reject you and they are using, or YOU are inaccurately surmising, that the lack of a Selective Service Registration is the reason. You may not meet the agency needs. Accept it and move on. Apply elsewhere.
          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

I was put through a complete background investigation and passed everything, and they told me that if I had that number then I would have been hired.

Comment

Originally posted by JIM88 View Post
              I was put through a complete background investigation and passed everything, and they told me that if I had that number then I would have been hired.
              Maybe the passage of time will help. I've only seen it up a few times in my application processes, but I'm nearly 40. At some point it is moot.

Now, if you wanted a federal job and you didn't register within 3 months of your 18th birthday then you would be SOL.

You are aware there is a website where you can get your registration number, right? This is how I got mine. I was 35 when I started applying and had to provide it. I was SOOOOO lucky to find this otherwise I'd be in your boat.

https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfVerification.aspx

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
              - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4201 users online. 188 members and 4013 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X