300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey mall ninjas look what I found

While looking for something else, I found this..............

490.6. (a) A person employed by an amusement park may detain a
    person for a reasonable time for the purpose of conducting an
    investigation in a reasonable manner whenever the person employed by
    the amusement park has probable cause to believe the person to be
    detained is violating lawful amusement park rules.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
    - Cornelius Tacitus

I saw the ninja title and liked where you were going, but then you lost me.

Comment

Everyone knows the story of the mall ninja.

http://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

Even though I am sure that any true mall ninja already believes that he can do everything he can to stop crime even more than SCV-Sop posted above.
      What Is A Veteran?
      A 'Veteran,' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is 'someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Comment

I thought merchants in general had a rather limited right to detain...

Comment

Originally posted by zr5667 View Post
          I thought merchants in general had a rather limited right to detain...
          Shopkeepers Privileges vary between states but in general they allow merchants and their employees to detain shoplifters with probable cause a crime has occurred. Basically this is a concept of common law that limits liability.
          "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." Winston Churchill

Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side.

Comment

Which one is your local mall ninja???

or this one??
            "In the fury of this darkest hour, we will be your light"

Comment

Absent this section detention is limited to Police. I get into arguments with co workers about this all the time. they talk about the shoplifters in custody and how they are being detained. The truth is loss prevention has two options when confronting a shoplifter, either option 1 they ask the person to accompany them to the back office where they will get the persons information then send them on their way or 2. the person refuses to cooperate in which case they make a citizens arrest.

Detention, while it seems less intrusive than arrest, is actually a tremendous amount of power. You are telling someone they are not free to leave even though, at that point there might not have been a crime. For an arrest to occur at least a crime has to occur.

Another interesting section reference private security is that those officer assigned to a school are not peace officer but have peace officers rights of detention and arrest.

But to the best of my knowledge mall cops are still just mall cops, although I am sure its hard work. They do detain people all the time but they get awy with it because the last thing the person being detained wants them to do is call the police, so its not a detention it s a consent encounter.

Most people being detained by mall cops are just dumb kids who dont know any better, like I was when I was in high school and got into an argument as to whether the yellow cherry on their truck was magnetically mounted or bolted on. I decided to prove my point by pulling it off. So out comes the mall cop and I am standing there yanking on their cherry light and the roof is thunking up and down as I am certain it was just a strong magnet. Good times.
              Originally posted by FJDave
              GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
              "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

Originally posted by Blackavar
                they have a legal right to detain for breaking a law....any citizen does. But this differentiates because this allows them to detain for a rule violation. Interesting
                That's what I thought too. So someone could be detained for drinking (while of age), or language, or dress, etc...... So a mall ninja employed by an amusment park could take thier power to a whole new level. Actually, even outside the penal code. A LEO standing right next to the ninja could NOT detain the same person who the mall ninja is detaining if it's in regards to breaking a lawful park rule.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
                - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
                  That's what I thought too. So someone could be detained for drinking (while of age), or language, or dress, etc...... So a mall ninja employed by an amusment park could take thier power to a whole new level. Actually, even outside the penal code. A LEO standing right next to the ninja could NOT detain the same person who the mall ninja is detaining if it's in regards to breaking a lawful park rule.
                  Do you feel threatened by the fact those "mall ninjas" (who aren't even working at a mall) are allowed to stop someone who is violating a rule and request compliance to make YOUR stay there more comfortable?

Comment

Originally posted by M520 View Post
                    Do you feel threatened by the fact those "mall ninjas" (who aren't even working at a mall) are allowed to stop someone who is violating a rule and request compliance to make YOUR stay there more comfortable?
                    Hey look! A Mall Ninja!
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by Smurfette
                    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                    Originally posted by DAL
                    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by M520 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
                        Hey look! A Mall Ninja!
                        HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! THE NEVERENDING LEGACY OF THE "MALL NINJA". THAT MAKES ME SMILE.

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. - Matthew 5:9

Welcome to the greatest show on earth......

Comment

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. - Matthew 5:9

Welcome to the greatest show on earth......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8512 users online. 272 members and 8240 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X