Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC-12126.7 (uh oh, we're getting a new AG).

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-12126.7 (uh oh, we're getting a new AG).

I just realized something. We have a new AG.

I’m sure I’m being paranoid. There are enough things preventing this from happening. But once patents expire the jig is up, and all the AG has to do is say go.

12126.7 - Commencing January 1, 2010, for all semiautomatic pistols that are not already listed on the roster pursuant to Section 12131, it is not designed and equipped with a microscopic array of characters
    that identify the make, model, and serial number of the pistol, etched or otherwise imprinted in two or more places on the interior surface or internal working parts of the pistol, and that are transferred by imprinting on each cartridge case when the firearm is fired, provided that the Department of Justice certifies that the technology used to create the imprint is available to more than one manufacturer unencumbered by any patent restrictions. The Attorney General may also approve a method of equal or greater reliability and effectiveness in identifying the specific serial number of a firearm from spent cartridge casings discharged by that firearm than that which is set forth in this paragraph, to be thereafter required as otherwise set forth by this paragraph where the Attorney General certifies that this new method is also unencumbered by any patent restrictions. Approval by the Attorney General shall include notice of that fact via regulations adopted by the Attorney General for purposes of implementing that method for purposes of this paragraph. The microscopic array of characters required by this section shall not be considered the name of the maker, model, manufacturer's number, or other mark of identification, including any distinguishing number or mark assigned by the Department of Justice, within the meaning of Sections 12090 and 12094.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
    - Cornelius Tacitus

No doubt Kamala Harris will wrap herself in the "We're fighting crime" banner....while dismantling Kullyfornya's law-abiding citizen's 2A rights.

It was such a shock when I moved from CA to CO three years ago, walked into a gun store and saw one wall devoted to all the semi-auto long guns one can't even think about buying in CA. Even more shocking was my first handgun purchase. I had not even read about the process, so I had no idea on what to expect. I went to Bass Pro Shop in Denver and bought a 1911. The guy filled out the paperwork and said, "Okay, see you back in about 45 minutes." "What for?," I asked, screwing upward with my eyebrows. He looked at me like I had a horn growing from the middle of my forehead and said, "To pick up your gun." It wasn't because I was a cop (or even drop-dead gorgeous, like I am). It's just about a 30 - 45 minute background check via computer, here. And out you walk with your gun. Incredible.
    Last edited by Kieth M.; 11-29-2010, 02:54 PM.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

2 more weeks and out......lol
      This place is whacked.
      "In the fury of this darkest hour, we will be your light"

Comment

You're not being paranoid, you're being fore-warned...This state is going down the crapper fast...Hope I can survive till retirement!!!!
        Carpe Noctem

Comment

Originally posted by Rossi357
          Our legislators seem to think the answer to gun crime is to take guns away from everyone who isn't commiting any gun crimes. Go figure.
          And then, the next cry from the lib's will be "POLICE STATE!" when the only ones with guns will be "us"...(Yes, I know we won't be the ONLY ones with guns, obviously.)

Not to go on a political rant or steal the OP's thread, but this is one of the reasons I belong to the NRA and the CRPA...
          Carpe Noctem

Comment

You should try New Hampshire.
            All it takes is a phone call to state police background check, and just from that phone call as long as you have nothing come up, you get to walk out with the gun. Process takes about 5 minutes. You can also buy noise suppressors and fully automatic weapons here. I swear I saw a M-203 Grenade launcher on the wall with a price tag and ammo for sale. I know I saw a BMG .50 cal sniper rifle for sale, and a .50 cal revolver too. This place is heaven for a gun collector. Ah, this reminds me, I need to do the paperwork to do LEO sale to purchase a sig sauer P229DAK for off duty carry.
            GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12977 users online. 477 members and 12500 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X