300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSA Searches

I'm curious to hear what you guys think about the TSA searches that have been so controversial recently. My personal feeling is that they are a necessary evil in the world today. I think we need to take every precaution in order to help prevent another 9/11. I read on the CNN website that there is a group of people that are planning to protest by not consenting to the security procedures. Much like driving, flying is a privilege not a right. If you don't want to go through the security procedures then don't fly. I guess it just makes me sad to see how many people have forgotten what happened nine years ago.

Israel doesnt use highspeed scanners. And thats about all that needs to be said on the subject.
    Originally posted by crass cop
    Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Do a SEARCH !!!

Several threads have been posted over the past fews days about this subject!!!
      "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

I don't mind them. After all, you don't have 4th Amendment protections at ports of entry. What I don't get is the $10K fine for not finishing the screening. How is TSA gonna kick a guy outta the airport for not submitting then force him to go back and finish or face a fine? Where's our resident airport cop when we need him. Hey DOA wadda you think? Luckily the only flying I do now is for extraditions and I'm packing my friend Roscoe. No worries about TSA then.
        God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

Grumpy, I did a search in the California search box and nothing came up. Settle down. By the way, if you're in the mid Atlantic way are you posting in the California area? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by tcso219 View Post
            Grumpy, I did a search in the California search box and nothing came up. Settle down. By the way, if you're in the mid Atlantic way are you posting in the California area? Just curious.
            I don't see that he is being unreasonable in his suggestion. On the contrary, he is being succinct. And, by-the-way, there is no restriction for LEOs to post a reply. Anyone can post in any state group or open forum. Perhaps, a little time spent by you in reading the rules would be beneficial. Remember, "tis better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to make a statement and remove all doubt!"

There are a number of applicable discussions concerning, or related to, this topic.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sea...earchid=311181
            Last edited by SgtCHP; 11-24-2010, 02:46 PM.
            Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Sorry, SGT. I posted it in the California because I was curious what LEOs in this state thought about it rather that cluttering up the other forums with questions directed toward CA.

Comment

Originally posted by Bully View Post
                I don't mind them. After all, you don't have 4th Amendment protections at ports of entry. What I don't get is the $10K fine for not finishing the screening. How is TSA gonna kick a guy outta the airport for not submitting then force him to go back and finish or face a fine? Where's our resident airport cop when we need him. Hey DOA wadda you think? Luckily the only flying I do now is for extraditions and I'm packing my friend Roscoe. No worries about TSA then.
                An airport should not qualify as a POE on domestic flights so unless you are in an international terminal the border search exception should not apply. But the 10k fine is news to me. I'd like to see that fine hold up in court. But agree with you on flying armed. It's the only way to fly nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
                  But the 10k fine is news to me. I'd like to see that fine hold up in court.
                  Its no differnt than CBP fining someone because a non-LEO Agriculture Specalist caught them bringing a fruit into the country.

Comment

I fly armed a couple of times a year and for the past few years I have never been the only one armed on the plane. And only a couple of them were FAMS.

Comment

He told you to search because there are mulitple 25+ page threads on this topic already.
                      For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9526 users online. 338 members and 9188 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X