Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moparfan
    replied
    Yup GONE nothing as some much of a "Store Closing Sale" I was bummed when I made the drive down there.

Leave a comment:

• DCH
    replied
    SOG is gone? I hope they just relocated?... Frank is a great guy and owned SOG for a long time, and Sahara always helped me out. I know they also operated training seminars for LE and Private Ind. as well.

Back on topic; If you are in Animal Control, you may want to consider Topps pants (formerly Pro Tuff by Werner Works). Topps 8 pocket cargo pants are worn by OC Animal Control and OCSD K9

Leave a comment:

• moparfan
    replied
    SOG is closed, been so for at least a year now. I was ****ed they had awesome price. If any one lives in north county try 1o-8 uniforms they have great prices.

Leave a comment:

• FJDave
    replied
    12158 Firestone Blvd, Norwalk, CA 90650

My mistake, it is Norwalk not Whittier. At least Yahoo says so

http://local.yahoo.com/info-32851900...niform-norwalk

Leave a comment:

• DogCatcher2H
    replied
    Originally posted by DCH View Post
    Are you looking for Class B or C pants? Both United Uniform, Inc. (rated to LASD specs.) and Elbeco make the "Dickies" grade pants with sap pockets and in Forest Green.

You should be able to find them at Quartermasters, SOG (across from LASD academy in Whittier), Galls, or Policy Uniforms (inside select Ace Hardware stores).

Any pants that are forest green will do. I just usally order Dickies because they are the cheapest and they are extremely durable. I am in animal control (as a volunteer) and there aren't really strict requirements on the the uniforms so I am flexible as far as the name brands goes. But I do need them to be really durable since animal control work can be pretty messy. Any ideas?

FJ Dave what street is Goodies on? I may look into them.

If you want strictly Dickies brand; Doughboys in Bellflower, or an Army/Navy surplus store should supply them in Forest Green.

also; when I was going thru LASD Reserve academy, I think the pants I wore were Conqueror brand?- without sap pockets and in 65/35 poly cotton.

Leave a comment:

• FJDave
    replied
    Personally, I like Goodie's in Whittier. Prices are OK, but service is great.

Leave a comment:

• DCH
    replied
    Forest Green

Are you looking for Class B or C pants? Both United Uniform, Inc. (rated to LASD specs.) and Elbeco make the "Dickies" grade pants with sap pockets and in Forest Green.

You should be able to find them at Quartermasters, SOG (across from LASD academy in Whittier), Galls, or Policy Uniforms (inside select Ace Hardware stores).

If you want strictly Dickies brand; Doughboys in Bellflower, or an Army/Navy surplus store should supply them in Forest Green.

also; when I was going thru LASD Reserve academy, I think the pants I wore were Conqueror brand?- without sap pockets and in 65/35 poly cotton.

Leave a comment:

• DogCatcher2H
    replied
    Originally posted by moparfan View Post
    For the pants try one of those T-shirt stores, you know what I mean. Thats were I get mine. Yeah East LA was weired like that when I went. Um for gear try Quarter Master near downtown LA.
    I've tried several of those T-Shirt stores in the area but none of them seem to have the Dickies pants in the green color. Which store do you go to buy yours?

Leave a comment:

• moparfan
    replied
    For the pants try one of those T-shirt stores, you know what I mean. Thats were I get mine. Yeah East LA was weired like that when I went. Um for gear try Quarter Master near downtown LA.

Leave a comment:

• DogCatcher2H
    replied
    Thank you for all the info. Let me be more specific on what I need, I need the Dickies brand green uniform pants (I've tried several of the local Dickies Outlet Stores but none of them carry the olive green color) and I need a few basketweave leather accessories. I went to the ELA Uniforms on 3rd street by King Taco in the past but the employees there seemed less than happy to be of help. Is the Akademy Uniforms that was mentioned still around and if so does anyone know the address?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• FJDave
    replied
    Originally posted by cruz0311 View Post
    That place shut down almost two years ago, they were a good place to get your boots shined up. They never really had a large uniform selection.
    Nope....I was there a couple of months ago. Like you said, they have good shoe-shining. Not much else though. They are upstairs in the complex....2nd floor.

Leave a comment:

• cruz0311
    replied
    Originally posted by pec86 View Post
    There is a place called "akademy uniforms" it is located where the 710 and 5 freeways meet. I have never been to the place, so I cant tell you much about the quality and prices.
    That place shut down almost two years ago, they were a good place to get your boots shined up. They never really had a large uniform selection.

Leave a comment:

• SgtCHP
    replied
    Just East of L.A. is West End Uniforms in Montclair. Very well worth the drive and reasonable. Excellent fitting and quality service.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...22461670215571

I have done business with them since the 70s. Highly recommend!

Leave a comment:

• 417Lt
    replied
    Sinatra Mfg., if they're still there. Get measured once with and without a vest and then just order from home. They have a real heavy cloth for their shirts. Kinda pricey though.

Leave a comment:

• moparfan
    replied
    try east la uniforms 4555 E 3rd Street # 13D Los Angeles, CA its of the 60 and the 710. prices are good they have mostly uniforms but can order gear.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14662 users online. 436 members and 14226 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X