300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniform Shops near ELA

Does anybody know of Uniform Shops in or near East L.A.?

The closest one used to be Uniform Express on Beverly/Garfield in Montebello but they moved out several months ago.

Other than being located in Alhambra, I know nothing about this place

Tom's
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Tom's prices are rather high.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

There is a place called "akademy uniforms" it is located where the 710 and 5 freeways meet. I have never been to the place, so I cant tell you much about the quality and prices.

Comment

try east la uniforms 4555 E 3rd Street # 13D Los Angeles, CA its of the 60 and the 710. prices are good they have mostly uniforms but can order gear.
          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Sinatra Mfg., if they're still there. Get measured once with and without a vest and then just order from home. They have a real heavy cloth for their shirts. Kinda pricey though.

Comment

Just East of L.A. is West End Uniforms in Montclair. Very well worth the drive and reasonable. Excellent fitting and quality service.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...22461670215571

I have done business with them since the 70s. Highly recommend!
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by pec86 View Post
                There is a place called "akademy uniforms" it is located where the 710 and 5 freeways meet. I have never been to the place, so I cant tell you much about the quality and prices.
                That place shut down almost two years ago, they were a good place to get your boots shined up. They never really had a large uniform selection.
                sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
                -George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by cruz0311 View Post
                  That place shut down almost two years ago, they were a good place to get your boots shined up. They never really had a large uniform selection.
                  Nope....I was there a couple of months ago. Like you said, they have good shoe-shining. Not much else though. They are upstairs in the complex....2nd floor.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Smurfette
                  Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                  Originally posted by DAL
                  You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Thank you for all the info. Let me be more specific on what I need, I need the Dickies brand green uniform pants (I've tried several of the local Dickies Outlet Stores but none of them carry the olive green color) and I need a few basketweave leather accessories. I went to the ELA Uniforms on 3rd street by King Taco in the past but the employees there seemed less than happy to be of help. Is the Akademy Uniforms that was mentioned still around and if so does anyone know the address?

Thanks.

Comment

For the pants try one of those T-shirt stores, you know what I mean. Thats were I get mine. Yeah East LA was weired like that when I went. Um for gear try Quarter Master near downtown LA.
                      I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                        For the pants try one of those T-shirt stores, you know what I mean. Thats were I get mine. Yeah East LA was weired like that when I went. Um for gear try Quarter Master near downtown LA.
                        I've tried several of those T-Shirt stores in the area but none of them seem to have the Dickies pants in the green color. Which store do you go to buy yours?

Comment

Forest Green

Are you looking for Class B or C pants? Both United Uniform, Inc. (rated to LASD specs.) and Elbeco make the "Dickies" grade pants with sap pockets and in Forest Green.

You should be able to find them at Quartermasters, SOG (across from LASD academy in Whittier), Galls, or Policy Uniforms (inside select Ace Hardware stores).

If you want strictly Dickies brand; Doughboys in Bellflower, or an Army/Navy surplus store should supply them in Forest Green.

also; when I was going thru LASD Reserve academy, I think the pants I wore were Conqueror brand?- without sap pockets and in 65/35 poly cotton.
                          Timelines:

CBPO
                          App: 2/12/09
                          Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                          Written: 2/20/09
                          NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                          TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                          App: 5/5/09
                          Geo: San Diego
                          Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                          NOR: 7/20/09
                          Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                          TO: 10/6/09
                          Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                          Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                          Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                          App: 8/17/10
                          Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                          TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

Personally, I like Goodie's in Whittier. Prices are OK, but service is great.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by Smurfette
                            Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                            Originally posted by DAL
                            You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by DCH View Post
                              Are you looking for Class B or C pants? Both United Uniform, Inc. (rated to LASD specs.) and Elbeco make the "Dickies" grade pants with sap pockets and in Forest Green.

You should be able to find them at Quartermasters, SOG (across from LASD academy in Whittier), Galls, or Policy Uniforms (inside select Ace Hardware stores).

Any pants that are forest green will do. I just usally order Dickies because they are the cheapest and they are extremely durable. I am in animal control (as a volunteer) and there aren't really strict requirements on the the uniforms so I am flexible as far as the name brands goes. But I do need them to be really durable since animal control work can be pretty messy. Any ideas?

FJ Dave what street is Goodies on? I may look into them.

If you want strictly Dickies brand; Doughboys in Bellflower, or an Army/Navy surplus store should supply them in Forest Green.

also; when I was going thru LASD Reserve academy, I think the pants I wore were Conqueror brand?- without sap pockets and in 65/35 poly cotton.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9327 users online. 480 members and 8847 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X