• San Francisco PD is accepting lateral applications

San Francisco PD is accepting lateral applications

For more information, please contact the following:

Officer Edwin Gaffud
    [email protected]
    415-215-5315
    http://sf-police.org/
    http://www.sfpdcareers.com/lateral.html

If you're a peace officer outside of California, you must first have a California POST BCW (Basic Course Waiver) and two years of patrol experience (minus academy time).

http://www.post.ca.gov/basic-course-waiver-process.aspx
    Last edited by gaffud; 11-18-2010, 04:35 AM.

Does this include out-of-state officers as well? The website didn't specify

Comment

Originally posted by Bearsfan86 View Post
      Does this include out-of-state officers as well? The website didn't specify
      Yes, but you will have to obtain a BCW (Basic Course Waiver) from CA POST. We had laterals from Hawaii, Georgia, Nevada, Arizona, and some other states. Now is the best time to join us! Contact me for further info if you are interested.

Salary $82,602 - $110,526 with a $5,000 Signing Bonus*
      8 week transitional academy & 10 week FTO program (As a department certified FTO, I treat laterals as experienced officers, not like a brand new recruit, no stress and no BS games. I know most FTO's do the same.)

SFPD has plenty of promotional opportunities and job assignments. We have 10 district stations, international airport, mounted horse unit, marine (boat) unit, full time TAC (SWAT) team, solos (motorcycles), Hondas (dirt bikes), academy, etc. We are the 2nd largest municipal police department in CA and the largest in northern CA.

If your department is facing layoffs or cutbacks in pay/benefits, join the SFPD! I can try and answer your questions, PM me.
      Last edited by CA Cop; 11-18-2010, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Read the job annoucement below:

http://www.jobaps.com/sf/sup/BulPrev...00Q2&R3=055494

Comment

For more information or if you have any questions, join the SF Bay Area Cops Forum. http://sfbayareacops.proboards.com

There are members from out of state who did the lateral transfer that can offer you some advice and insight as to the Basic POST Waiver.

Comment

Originally posted by CA Cop View Post
            We are the 2nd largest municipal police department in CA and the largest in northern CA.
            How many officers do you have? LASD and LAPD are both at just under 10K sworn....that would make your department at least 3rd....not to rain on your thread.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Smurfette
            Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
            Originally posted by DAL
            You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

FJDave, read the underline words "municipal police department" carefully. Last time I checked, the LASD is a COUNTY SHERIFF'S department, not a MUNICIPAL POLICE department. I am correct that SFPD is the 2nd largest MUNICIPAL POLICE department. The CHP (state police agency) is also larger than us, but again, I only mentioned municipal police department.

Just in case you are inquiring, we have more sworn officers than San Diego PD and San Jose PD.

Comment

You take things too damm seriously dude. And LASD contracts to municipalities as well as polices unincorporated areas....that makes it a municipal department in some ways. Relax, Nancy! I was asking a question, not being confrontational.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by DAL

Comment

FJDave, ever since you lost your sgt stripes with your old security job, it seems you can't afford to pay attention to detail anymore... lol....now that you are a real cop with LASD, we will accept you as a lateral.

Comment

Ya know, you are a real jerk sometimes.
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by DAL

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
                      Relax, Nancy! Don’t get your panties all twisted in a knot. You take things too damm seriously dude. lol

Comment

Originally posted by gaffud View Post
                        San Francisco PD is accepting lateral applications
                        Truly a beautiful city...

A populace at odds with their police...

They love their illegals, there...

Just be very glad that George Gascon is SFPD's chief, instead of LA's...I'll bet he still wonders what real police work is like.

...so long as you don't mind commuting to work from Sacramento, all should be well.
                        Last edited by Kieth M.; 11-20-2010, 12:39 PM.
                        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Good day, I had applied with SFPD about a month ago. I was just wondering when I would hear back from SFPD. Also, when you would start the lateral academy for this round of hirings?

Thanks for your time.

Comment

i know this thread is for laterals with experience but is there any word on if and when you will be accepting academy graduates?

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
                              You started it, Dave.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6717 users online. 374 members and 6343 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X