300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical marijuana cards...

...how legit are they? Some of them look like they've been printed out by the stoners themselves.

Also, I can't believe how prevalent and accepted it is among my and younger generations (I just turned 30). It's a real disappointment, and it's getting worse daily...

Prop 19 didn't pass, but I saw that it's going back on the ballot again for 2012.

They aren't standard, their appearance varies by county.

However, I think there is a central database that will look up the "number."

Comment

If your toenail is overgrown, some quack doctor will give you a card for a fee.... The medical marijuana is a GD joke...
      Retired LASD

Comment

They don't mean jack when you show one to a fed

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
          If your toenail is overgrown, some quack doctor will give you a card for a fee.... The medical marijuana is a GD joke...
          I believe that you are correct, except that the overgrown toenail is not required.
          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

They should take away the smoking option for medical marijuana. If you really need it medically, you should take the pills.

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
              They should take away the smoking option for medical marijuana. If you really need it medically, you should take the pills.
              But the pills have not been proven safe and effective. (Of course, neither has smoking it.)
              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Most of the people I see who have them are about 20-30 years old and in great shape. Pretty much every one of them states back pain from a car crash is the reason they have one. 100% of them are full of sheet. I've yet to see some poor bastid who is 90lbs with aids and needs to smoke it so he won't throw up the ensure milkshake he had for breakfast. Or some 80 year old lady with cancer who is in horrible pain day and night. Never people who could truly have some need to smoke weed. Just a bunch of losers looking for an excuse to get high.

Comment

I find it comical that everytime the press shows a Medical Marijuana Clinic that is applying for a license, all you see are youngsters - 19-30. Have not yet seen a senior citizen in one of those places. Being a cancer patient, I have discussed the issues with many and none of my co-patients ever considered the use of the drug. The excuses being offered for the use of the drug are laughable and tenuous. Medical marijuana is a sham!
                  Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

DMV priority re-evaluations are a great tool when it comes to people driving around U/I and using a medical marijuana card as an excuse. Every one I have submitted has resulted in a suspended DL.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Slayer View Post
                      DMV priority re-evaluations are a great tool when it comes to people driving around U/I and using a medical marijuana card as an excuse. Every one I have submitted has resulted in a suspended DL.
                      YES! I have the same approach, and I get the suspensions back too. In fact a lot of people would rather have the 11357b ticket than the suspension. I'm starting to make it routine on stops to ask if they have a card and how often they use "for medical purposes."

We also have a muni code that bans smoking marijuana in public (and tobacco in parks/beaches/gov property) and I write those more than weed cites now. I can write those quicker anyways because I don't have any dope to impound. I hope starting in Jan we can crush the weed since it will be just an infraction (like dumping out a bottle of beer on an open container contact). We shall see.

Comment

I love it when a driver has the marijuana and then shows me his/her card, thinking they just pulled the "get out of jail free" card on me. I issue a lot of 23222(b) CVC citations - plays hell with their insurance and has a nice stiff fine attached

I like the idea of the priority re-exam, think I'll be including that on future encounters as well!
                        LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Slayer View Post
                          Originally posted by nobodyjr View Post
                          YES! I have the same approach, and I get the suspensions back too. In fact a lot of people would rather have the 11357b ticket than the suspension. I'm starting to make it routine on stops to ask if they have a card and how often they use "for medical purposes."

We also have a muni code that bans smoking marijuana in public (and tobacco in parks/beaches/gov property) and I write those more than weed cites now. I can write those quicker anyways because I don't have any dope to impound. I hope starting in Jan we can crush the weed since it will be just an infraction (like dumping out a bottle of beer on an open container contact). We shall see.
                          Originally posted by andy5746 View Post
                          I love it when a driver has the marijuana and then shows me his/her card, thinking they just pulled the "get out of jail free" card on me. I issue a lot of 23222(b) CVC citations - plays hell with their insurance and has a nice stiff fine attached

I like the idea of the priority re-exam, think I'll be including that on future encounters as well!
                          Good stuff! I like to hear that there are alternatives to deal with these artards...

...any of them bounce back on valid medical exclusion? I would think not, given how the CVC governs UI when involving prescription drugs on a driver.

Comment

This whole thing is stupid....Marijuana shouldnt be allowed even "medically"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackavar
                              I like the priority re-exam slant. How do you word it? "Driver claims a need for medicinal marijuana so re-test them"? This doesn't seem like it would fly.
                              Use your gift of gab. Most medical marijuana "patients" think the card grants complete immunity so they are usually candid about their use. You don't have to get into specifics about the medical "condition" but note that one exists, thus their reason for smoking marijuana. Also establish how much they use and how often they use. Lay it out on your re-eval form and you'll likely get them suspended. The DMV doesn't want people driving around high.

I've never turned one in that hasn't been suspended. The reason for the suspension has always been "medical." If someone has a medical condition serious enough to need marijuana then they probably shouldn't be driving anyway.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9328 users online. 479 members and 8849 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X