Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else in the process for Oakland BART PD?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else in the process for Oakland BART PD?

I got word yesterday that I passed my oral and written assessment. Looking forward to getting backgrounds started. Scheduled a ride-along this Friday in down town Oakland. Just curious if anyone else on here is also in the process? I was told after my oral by one of the BI's that they now need 20 recruits.

Are you in the process for Oakland PD or BART PD? There is no Oakland BART PD. BART spans most for the central bay area, not just Oakland.
    semper destravit

Comment

He might mean Bart PD at the Lake Merritt station (in Oakland). The only thing Oakland has done for the past few years is lay off cops and hire, then fire recruits.

Comment

Yes I am in the process with them also. I was starting to get nervous about the interview since mine was at the end of August. I was relieved when i got my email yesterday.
        Last edited by debroncos9798; 10-05-2010, 08:31 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by debroncos9798 View Post
          Yes I am in the process with them also. I was starting to get nervous about the interview since mine was at the end of August. I was relieved when i got my email yesterday.
          Damn that's a long wait to find out if you passed or not, mine was on Sept. 17th. Are you currently LEO?

Comment

No im not. I worked in a non sworn position for almost 4 years but was laid off in feb if 09. And yes it was a long time to wait. But i felt really good walking out of my interview.

Comment

...Soooo has ANYONE heard ANYTHING since passing their oral board?

Comment

Good luck man!

Comment

I had just recieved a call from Bart Backgrounds a week before Thanksgiving and have started my backgrounds and my poly this week.

Comment

Originally posted by maluke View Post
                    I had just recieved a call from Bart Backgrounds a week before Thanksgiving and have started my backgrounds and my poly this week.
                    Congrats and good luck in the process. It should be smooth sailing from here...

Comment

ya im in the same process
                      Last edited by swivel'n; 01-21-2011, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Do you guys have LE experience? I don't get it, I scored 63 on the POST, aced my oral and written (best one I've ever done), have a clean background, BS in criminal justice, and currently work in a non-sworn position for a city. This is getting frustrating.

Comment

That is the market we're in, Jeff. 100's of applicants for a single job. Many with more than a BA, written scores that are just as good, 90's on the oral board plus veteran points and a foreign language. By the way, what do you consider an 'ace oral score'?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9354 users online. 479 members and 8875 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X