Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going by the media/FPD statement, I say he's back to work in less then 60 days. No injuries, no witness, hooked on suspicion only, hes allow to carry a gun. Threatened to only kill himself, so she says your honor.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRYAN
      Yea he definitely has some tough times ahead even if he doesn't get jail time....LASD is coming down hard on their employee's that get arrested for dui and domestic violence.

DOAcop...in your post above you said what sounded like baca has been arrested for 273.5......is this true?...i've never heard that?
      Yup- but San Marino PD helps sweep it under the rug............
      "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by IE Copper View Post
        The process is not so easy. H.S. 8103(f)(5) allows for a person detained for 5150 to appeal the 5 year firearm ban. The burden of proof that the person would be unsafe with the firearm is on the side of law enforcement. If a judge decides so, the firearm has to be released to the person. This appeal can be made within 5 years. I doubt your department destroys these firearms so casually. There have been some cases of firearms being taken from homes because of DV issues and such and destroyed too early. In these cases the department pays out.

By the way, what is the "prohibited firearms system" you mentioned?
        I think he means CLETS APPS Armed Prohibited Persons System, I never saw or used it on an MDT but was trained about it in the academy.

Comment

Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
          I think he means CLETS APPS Armed Prohibited Persons System, I never saw or used it on an MDT but was trained about it in the academy.
          Yup. It's not something patrol normally would use. Our county mental health people would use it, and it would come up on a DROS.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16949 users online. 475 members and 16474 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X