Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LASD Deputy arrested following domestic dispute

post deleted
    Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 07:31 PM.

Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
    I think his career is the least of his worries at this point. He needs to figure out how to stay out of prison!

Comment

Don't jump to conclusions here....the media sucks.

Assaulting his ex-girlfriend but she doesn't have injuries?? Of course he has a gun....he's a cop.

Felony assault with a deadly weapon?? Making criminal threats?? Burglary and false imprisonment? Stacking charges eh?

Nothing to substantiate the charges!!! At most....PC415 disturbance and WI 5150 for suicidal threats.
      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by avalon42 View Post
        .As man times as Baca himself has been arrested for 273.5,243(e)1, and 422 PC??? hmmmm- I see EAP counseling( and the girlfriend saving this clown by recanting on the inv)
        Last edited by DOAcop38; 04-19-2010, 08:10 PM.
        "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
          Don't jump to conclusions here.... At most....PC415 disturbance and WI 5150 for suicidal threats.
          and you know me- "if papa can beat momma, then momma can beat poppa", and we call it all fair! and sadly, I guarantee you alcoholic beverages were involved..

Thats why I'd never mistreat ya' DepX2 !!! I LIKE the idea of waking up in the morning( if ya' luv'em ,you buy'em Mrs fields cookies)
          "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

T-2 interest of justice.

You're a goofball!~ Who said you were sleeping over?????
            Last edited by deputy x 2; 04-19-2010, 08:12 PM.
            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

The 5150 is worse than the arrest. DV's have (at least in my county) a 3% filing rate by the DA. Now the 5150 is hard to get rid of. I've seen several very similar situations.

Comment

T-2 interest of justice.

You're a goofball!~ Who said you were sleeping over?????
                .. but the gourmet cookies are still good, rt?

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
                  .. but the gourmet cookies are still good, rt?
                  Still warm out of the oven....you bet!

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyjr View Post
                    The 5150 is worse than the arrest. DV's have (at least in my county) a 3% filing rate by the DA. Now the 5150 is hard to get rid of. I've seen several very similar situations.

DV=no can carry gun! 5150 is considered medical..protected under ADA. And if it was because of intoxication............counseling.

Comment

DV=no can carry gun! 5150 is considered medical..protected under ADA. And if it was because of intoxication............counseling.
                      Here we seize all 5150's firearms, destroy them, and the person is entered into the "prohibited firearms system." There is a civil depo if they fight it. But it is much easier than any criminal conviction.

Comment

Assaulting his ex-girlfriend but she doesn't have injuries?? Of course he has a gun....he's a cop.

Felony assault with a deadly weapon?? Making criminal threats?? Burglary and false imprisonment? Stacking charges eh?

Nothing to substantiate the charges!!! At most....PC415 disturbance and WI 5150 for suicidal threats.
                        Whatever happened to decision making that doesn't put you in the media spotlight in this fashion?

Comment

Originally posted by JSL0506 View Post
                          Whatever happened to decision making that doesn't put you in the media spotlight in this fashion?
                          Back in the day........................when we had wheel guns.....................the times have changed.

Comment

Media does suck, but so does every psycho ex-girlfriend. When dealing with this type of situation, I would be sure to have some sort of cover or move to a very public place.

I was not accusing the officer, but I am sure that being arrested and booked on such charges will screw him from this career for good. Which sucks, especially if it is bogus.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyjr View Post
                              Here we seize all 5150's firearms, destroy them, and the person is entered into the "prohibited firearms system." There is a civil depo if they fight it. But it is much easier than any criminal conviction.
                              The process is not so easy. H.S. 8103(f)(5) allows for a person detained for 5150 to appeal the 5 year firearm ban. The burden of proof that the person would be unsafe with the firearm is on the side of law enforcement. If a judge decides so, the firearm has to be released to the person. This appeal can be made within 5 years. I doubt your department destroys these firearms so casually. There have been some cases of firearms being taken from homes because of DV issues and such and destroyed too early. In these cases the department pays out.

By the way, what is the "prohibited firearms system" you mentioned?
                              "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." Winston Churchill

Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16480 users online. 520 members and 15960 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X