300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to apply in Calfornia from AZ

Im currently living in arizona working for border patrol and want to go to the San Bernardino area or Los Angeles area. I grew up in the LA area and lived in the San Bernardino area for a couple of years. Is there anybody on this forum who worked for BP and got hired by a local PD. If there is, do you have any adivce, Did you regret it? Would you come back to BP if you had the chance? or was it the best decision you ever made? please any response will help right now.
    LA MIGRA LIVES FOREVER!!

How much time do you have in? Not to be a negative nancy but SoCal hiring is in a bit of a funk. It's difficult right now to find openings.
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Originally posted by bp09 View Post
      Im currently living in arizona working for border patrol and want to go to the San Bernardino area or Los Angeles area. I grew up in the LA area and lived in the San Bernardino area for a couple of years. Is there anybody on this forum who worked for BP and got hired by a local PD. If there is, do you have any adivce, Did you regret it? Would you come back to BP if you had the chance? or was it the best decision you ever made? please any response will help right now.
      I would stay with fed if I were you. This is coming from an applicant. Wait for some openings, there are checkpoints in San Onofre or Temecula. I see BP with makeshift checkpoints around Temecula/Fallbrook area all the time.

The municipal PDs and SO budgets are still getting hammered with the loss in tax revenue from real estate. Recovery? What recovery? Just being realistic.

I would be also wary as a new hire for any PD. Last one hired is the first one cut.

Comment

thanx for the advice, is there anyone out there that went from BP to PD in the state of california?
        LA MIGRA LIVES FOREVER!!

Comment

C'mon guys theres gotta be someone out there that went from BP to PD got any advice on the process
          LA MIGRA LIVES FOREVER!!

Comment

You might want to start a new thread that says something like "Currently work for the Border Patrol and want to Work for a PD." that might help others see what you are asking. Your thread title is most likely not going to attract what you are looking for.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Lets give it a try!
              LA MIGRA LIVES FOREVER!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14969 users online. 263 members and 14706 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X