Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Assistance Investigator Trainee?

Recently saw this pop up on the HR website for the County of San Diego. Anyone ever heard of these guys and what they do? It says they work for the District Attorney's office and are full peace officers under 830.35? Hoping for somebody to offer some insight into the position. . .

Originally posted by FooteNasty View Post
    Recently saw this pop up on the HR website for the County of San Diego. Anyone ever heard of these guys and what they do? It says they work for the District Attorney's office and are full peace officers under 830.35? Hoping for somebody to offer some insight into the position. . .
    I'm not familiar with the position and I've never heard the term Public Assistance Investigator used. However, 830.35 defines three peace officer positions, Coroners and Deputy Coroners; Welfare Fraud Investigators employed by a county; and Child Support Investigators employed by a District Attorney's office.

It sounds like the job you are talking about is the last one and may involve tracking down deadbeat fathers who don't pay child support and preparing the paperwork to attach their wages or bank accounts, or preparing arrest warrants for failure to pay.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
      I'm not familiar with the position and I've never heard the term Public Assistance Investigator used. However, 830.35 defines three peace officer positions, Coroners and Deputy Coroners; Welfare Fraud Investigators employed by a county; and Child Support Investigators employed by a District Attorney's office.

It sounds like the job you are talking about is the last one and may involve tracking down deadbeat fathers who don't pay child support and preparing the paperwork to attach their wages or bank accounts, or preparing arrest warrants for failure to pay.
      Actually sounds more like the one I bolded.

Comment

Originally posted by hbliam View Post
        Actually sounds more like the one I bolded.
        That's what I thought at first, but counties usually have their own welfare department and investigators and 830.35 specified DA's offices employing Child Support Investigators.

Who knows? Let it be a surprise for the kid.

(As long as the retirement checks keep coming in, I don't care any more.)
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Per the job bulletin: It is the trainee level class of the Public Assistance Investigator class series. Incumbents acquire working knowledge of rules and regulations governing public assistance programs and perform routine public assistance fraud investigations. They review public assistance applications, records and documents to determine eligibility and detect fraud. Public Assistance Investigator Trainees are sworn peace officers as defined in Penal Code Section 830.35 with law enforcement duties.

http://www.governmentjobs.com/view_j...hit_count=Yes&

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16966 users online. 519 members and 16447 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X