300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same Question...Different PD. Colton Police Dept

Anyone have any info on Colton Police Dept? I have searched, and I have found some information, with the most recent post back in 2008. I'm looking for any recent information about the department. Anything helps, thanks.

Awsome equipment, average pay, best benefits available. Moral sucks. Nobody likes the Chief. Staffing levels are very low and there is no money to hire more than one for one (one officer per retirement/lateral out). No overtime what so ever besides court time. Lots of gangs and crime. Less calls for service than it's neighbor, san berdo, so more time to hunt. They are very selective compared to the neighboring cities ie. Rialto, San Berdo, SBSO. They want their guys hookin and bookin rather than finding a shady spot to listen to Rush on 640 AM. They have a few guys in the academy right now.
    "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." Winston Churchill

Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side.

Comment

Originally posted by IE Copper View Post
      Awsome equipment, average pay, best benefits available. Moral sucks. Nobody likes the Chief. Staffing levels are very low and there is no money to hire more than one for one (one officer per retirement/lateral out). No overtime what so ever besides court time. Lots of gangs and crime. Less calls for service than it's neighbor, san berdo, so more time to hunt. They are very selective compared to the neighboring cities ie. Rialto, San Berdo, SBSO. They want their guys hookin and bookin rather than finding a shady spot to listen to Rush on 640 AM. They have a few guys in the academy right now.
      Wow, thanks for the info. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

is their chief still the former Huntington Park SWAT Lt. Ken Rulon?, or did he leave? Lt. Rulon was well liked at HPPD.
        Timelines:

CBPO
        App: 2/12/09
        Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
        Written: 2/20/09
        NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
        TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
        App: 5/5/09
        Geo: San Diego
        Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
        NOR: 7/20/09
        Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
        TO: 10/6/09
        Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
        Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
        Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
        App: 8/17/10
        Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
        TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

Originally posted by DCH View Post
          is their chief still the former Huntington Park SWAT Lt. Ken Rulon?, or did he leave? Lt. Rulon was well liked at HPPD.
          He was terminated, I believe. Some issue with the City Council.

I met him once or twice...definitely got the "hard charger" vibe. Nice guy though.
          Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
          Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

Originally posted by DCH View Post
            Rulan got terminated back in late 06? Early 07? Not sure exactly what was up with that. He filed a lawsuit against the city if Colton. It is still going as far as I know. Their current Chief, Miller, is alot different than Rulan. Less personable, more political, less steroids. According to a couple copper friends at Colton, Rulan was extremely popular with the younger troops and was always "roid-raging". Miller is popular with...someone, somewhere, I'm sure.

Colton's radio traffic is fun to listen to. Constant self initiated traffic stops, ped checks, walk throughs etc.. all night. They used to be on the countys cad system so we could check each others calls. Now they have Spillman..yuk.
            "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." Winston Churchill

Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side.

Comment

LOL! thanks IE. funny shi...
              Timelines:

CBPO
              App: 2/12/09
              Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
              Written: 2/20/09
              NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
              TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
              App: 5/5/09
              Geo: San Diego
              Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
              NOR: 7/20/09
              Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
              TO: 10/6/09
              Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
              Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
              Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
              App: 8/17/10
              Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
              TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

Money is really tight right now. They have cut ALL special assignments except detectives. Laid off most civilian staff too. Not the time to apply there imho.

Comment

Had a male and female officer in my academy class in Riverside. Apparently, they send everyone through SBSO now. Don't know anything else about them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20052 users online. 563 members and 19489 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X