Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pebble Beach area

Hey all.

Colorado officer here, will be traveling to the area this summer and I'm looking for a good, safe, clean place to stay during the US Open. Anyone have any ideas? I've been striking out for quite awhile since everything is so expensive during the tourney.

I would appreciate some advice on nearby areas or under-the-radar places to stay.

Feel free to PM me.
    Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

I live in that area. Marina, Monterey(more expensive), Carmel(Nice but more expensive), is where you would probably want to stay. You dont want to drive to far. What price range are you look at?

Comment

Marina is close by. They have built a ton of new hotels near the water. I work in Salinas and live in the Monterey area.

Comment

If you come up to Santa Cruz County, skip Watsonville and stay at the Seacliff Inn in Aptos. About 10 min north of Watson and 1/10th of the gangsters and s***bags.

Comment

Just stay in Pacific Grove, don't commute from Santa Cruz county.

duhr, thx Dx2
          Last edited by leif; 03-29-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the tips all...i was hoping to find a deal near the course but evidently thats an outrageous request haha.

I appreciate the tips dudes. stay safe.
            Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Comment

Pacific Grove is very nice, quiet and affordable...and close to PB. If you stay in Carmel or Monterey...bring your mortgage payment with you!

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid...ve_vacations-i
              This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by blargh
                There are a few hotels in Watsonville as well.
                Not really my area...but isn't Watsonville trash?
                Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
                Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

If you stay in Santa Cruz, avoid the motels near the Boardwalk - bad neighborhood. You might want to consider the Gilroy/Salinas area, too. There are motels in decent areas right along 101, then just hop down the freeway to Highway 68 to Monterey. It's maybe a 30 minute drive but you might save a bit.

Oh, get reservations. Tourist area, so rooms might be hard to find during the Open.
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
                    Pacific Grove is very nice, quiet and affordable...and close to PB. If you stay in Carmel or Monterey...bring your mortgage payment with you!

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid...ve_vacations-i
                    +1 on Pacific Grove......
                    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Nice kept secret....used to stay at Andrils...with my dogs. Loved it. Had great seafood at a restaurant near Asolimar center....can't remember the name...something fish shack!!!

Here's the link:

http://www.andrilcottages.com/index2.htm
                      Last edited by deputy x 2; 03-29-2010, 04:51 PM.
                      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
                        Nice kept secret....used to stay at Andrils...with my dogs. Loved it. Had great seafood at a restaurant near Asolimar center....can't remember the name...something fish shack!!!
                        Yup....that is the place I have been staying in since the mid 80s.....my parents would go there 1-2 times a year.....I think they brought the dog a couple of times.....

OP....if you are looking for a place that you can actually stay there and make your own meals, this is the place to check out.....full kitchens in most of the cabins.....
                        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

If you go to Carmel....Hogs Breath Inn is a neat place to eat. Clint Eastwood used to own it. Marvie hamburgers

http://www.hogsbreathinn.net/

sheeeot I'm making myself hungry

Comment

Archie's Diner in PG has good burgers, too. Head a short distance up the coast to Castroville and get BBQ at the Central Texan, or up to Carmel Valley village (inland and uphill a few miles from Carmel) to The Running Iron for lunch. There's a steakhouse called The Whaling Station on Cannery Row that is supposed to be outstanding. I can't afford to eat there, but have heard that it's top-notch.

The Whole Enchilada in Moss Landing, 15 minutes north of Monterey, has great Mexican food. Phil's Fish Market in Moss Landing is better than most of the places on Fisherman's Wharf and Cannery Row.

If you stay at the Seacliff Inn in Aptos or anywhere around Santa Cruz, the best BBQ is at Smoqe and Aptos Street Barbecue, both in Aptos - five minutes from Seacliff Inn. The best breakfast is at the Red Apple at Deer Park shopping center.
                            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by blargh
                              Ah, Red Apple, been wanting their egg's benedict...

Smoqe, is that the new place that opened up on Soquel Dr. next to Freedom? My brother said it had great pulled pork.

The place that took over Cole's isn't half bad, don't remember the name...

To OP: If you need to take the wife somewhere fancy, Bittersweet Bistro in Aptos is pretty good, it's also in the Deer Park shopping center.

I always liked Cafe Rio, but I hear it went out of business.
                              -Smoqe is the one on Soquel Dr., used to be Straw Hat Pizza. They have fantastic meats, and the mac and cheese is the best I've ever had, especially at a restaurant.
                              -The old Cole's is Aptos Street Barbecue. Excellent meats as well, and has a big beer selection.
                              -Cafe Rio closed. The new owner got the place a reputation for lousy service and also sent the menu downhill. He managed to alienate a lot of longtime (20 years) customers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8548 users online. 325 members and 8223 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X