300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Buying...

Alright, so it might not regard tactic's or case law, but I'm sure some of you "salts" might have some training and experience on this topic. So, I've been a copper for almost two years now in the South Bay (Los Angeles). So naturally I'm looking to buy a house.

With that being said I was wondering if anyone had any pointers or resources regarding buying a home. I know in our business everyone has an agent or a "guy", but I'm also along the lines if there are any perks we can possibly get, or programs set of for L.E.O. Basically I don't want to use some random lender and agent and get hosed.

Basically I'm a single P.O. with a you're typical salary for two years on

plenty of foreclosures in the southbay-try that angle(PM me and I'll give you a guy I work with - he's an officer with me, won't stiff you, and is patient enough to get you what you want,at the price you want) just avoid some parts of Gardena,East torrance, and Redondo Beach- not the "hood" like L.A.but kinda' dicey! remember that this doesn't have to be your "all or nothing" home/townhouse/condo- you can get in, wait for the market to upturn, gain equity, and move to what you really want- or you can KILL your car and move out to the I.E. /"909"-( or if you are upscale,"951"-either way, the twang of "dueling banjos" builds up, and as you leave everyday from work, you can see the"friendly" local tweakers bike riding thru your "planned community" while sizing up your locked home for a "visit")
    Last edited by DOAcop38; 03-29-2010, 12:31 AM.
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Hey now, DOA....I don't hear anything of no banjo's playing when I leave for work.... And I live in a neighborhood that has GGPD, LASD, OCSD, CHP, Westminster PD, Cypress PD and Long Beach PD all within a block of each other...a nice place to live, actually.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Smurfette
      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
      Originally posted by DAL
      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Double tap....serious lag tonight on the forum
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Smurfette
        Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
        Originally posted by DAL
        You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

There is the HUD "officer next door program" which should have a lot of foreclosed homes in it now, but it does not because Obama keeps assisting the deadbeats. If you luck out and find a good home through the program, you put no money down, live in it for three years, and then the gov gives you 50% of the equity in the home. At that point you can sell it and take the money to put down on a real nice house in a good area

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12271 users online. 395 members and 11876 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X