Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fountain Valley/Westminster PD merger?

post deleted
    Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 07:17 PM.

Interesting. Could it be; Fountain-Minister PD, Valley-West PD, FVW PD, Fountain West PD?
    ____________ _____________
    "Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything" - Alexander Hamilton

Comment

OR it could start Orange County Police Department.

Comment

that would save a lot of coin IMHO

Comment

Isn't Westminster building a new PD?

Comment

There were talks about the merger however I don't believe there are any serious plans for it anymore. Check out WPD's building:

http://www.westminster-ca.gov/servic...on_webcams.asp

http://www.westminster-ca.gov/depts/...ng/default.asp

PRO-Leo .. you were close.. the buzz word was "West Valley PD" .. puke.
            Last edited by Socal-Cop; 03-28-2010, 08:52 PM.

Comment

That would be a hug mistake for FV. The city has very little crime while WPD has some bad areas. the cops assigned to the FV beats would bail as soon as they went in service looking for hooks in the WPD areas. There would be no cops patroling FV and twice as many in Westminster.
              Originally posted by FJDave
              GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
              "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

I wouldn't go as far as sayings its a huge mistake.. Beats are beats.. if anything the quality of service would go up for the residents of FV since they will see an increase in resources (i.e. forensic services, property, jail services, investigations, you name it).

I know one of the main issues that came up was how the FV city council doesn't get along with the PD whereas Westminster's city council is pro-pd. Then you have to figure out who is the governing body of the new police department, how you merge the officers including management employees.. it was a tricky thing to try and figure out.

Comment

..or,

Westminster PD could just patrol FV as a contract city and FVPD would just be absorbed. (as with the City of Yorba Linda in OC, and Santa Fe Springs and Cudahy in LA Co)

There was a news article years ago of the City of Artesia being taken over by La Palma PD as well.
                  Timelines:

CBPO
                  App: 2/12/09
                  Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                  Written: 2/20/09
                  NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                  TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                  App: 5/5/09
                  Geo: San Diego
                  Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                  NOR: 7/20/09
                  Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                  TO: 10/6/09
                  Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                  Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                  Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                  App: 8/17/10
                  Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                  TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

Or they could make Fountain Valley one giant gated community.

Comment

My Phys Geo. prof is an ex-city planner for FV. The way he talks about FV, it seems like its the last 1950's era style city left. Not a bad thing, I wouldn't mind raising a family there.
                      ____________ _____________
                      "Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything" - Alexander Hamilton

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14780 users online. 400 members and 14380 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X