300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consolidated Police Patrol

Anybody from the OC area LE remember it?

CPP was an early 1990's concept by OC Sheriff's and City of Orange PD to put Deputies and Officers together in 2-man cars and patrol both unincorporated county areas (El Modena and Lemon Heights) along with city of orange patrol areas to find out what each agency did the same and differently on patrol.

I'm not sure when the program ended, but it sounded like a good "exchange" program, and seeing the mix-match of green and blue uniforms in a 2-man car got you wondering if you ever got pulled over. (I thought OPD started bringing along Border Patrol with them for '1325' busts at the local home depot!?)

Anyone know if there has been similar 'integration' of city, county, or state LE partnered up in regular patrol assignment?
    Timelines:

CBPO
    App: 2/12/09
    Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
    Written: 2/20/09
    NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
    TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
    App: 5/5/09
    Geo: San Diego
    Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
    NOR: 7/20/09
    Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
    TO: 10/6/09
    Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
    Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
    Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
    App: 8/17/10
    Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
    TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Originally posted by DCH View Post
    Anybody from the OC area LE remember it?

CPP was an early 1990's concept by OC Sheriff's and City of Orange PD to put Deputies and Officers together in 2-man cars and patrol both unincorporated county areas (El Modena and Lemon Heights) along with city of orange patrol areas to find out what each agency did the same and differently on patrol.

I'm not sure when the program ended, but it sounded like a good "exchange" program, and seeing the mix-match of green and blue uniforms in a 2-man car got you wondering if you ever got pulled over. (I thought OPD started bringing along Border Patrol with them for '1325' busts at the local home depot!?)

Anyone know if there has been similar 'integration' of city, county, or state LE partnered up in regular patrol assignment?
    LASD (gang units) and LAPD do it every now and then. They would ride in our hoop if it was our RD and us in their car when it was their RD. Other smaller agencies would also be there (usually south bay depts). Nothing on the regular basis though.

Comment

Dont the CHP and LASD ride together every so often as well?
      LAPD

Comment

CHP and San Bernardino PD did Operation Safe Streets for several years earlier this decade. I don't know if they still do it, but CHP officers where actually issued SBPD radios and worked on their dispatch in the city.

San Diego PD and SDSO ride together on warrant sweeps in uniform every so often. I wish we did it more.

Comment

Originally posted by Berlioz View Post
          Dont the CHP and LASD ride together every so often as well?
          Not usually. This past summer, the state threw them alot of o/t to do gang suppression in Lennox and Century Stations RD. They rode with us maybe one day to get a feel for things.

Comment

[QUOTE=nobodyjr;2283348]CHP and San Bernardino PD did Operation Safe Streets for several years earlier this decade. I don't know if they still do it, QUOTE]

If I'm thinking of the same thing, I do recall CHP GET (Gang Enf. Teams) working a city beat. This was when the pre-COPS TV reality show ON SCENE was regularly aired.

Those types of joint-ops are typical in special details and TF's, I was mainly talking of the regular patrol assignments where there was multi-agency participation- those seem to be really rare.

Good posts by everyone tho'!
            Timelines:

CBPO
            App: 2/12/09
            Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
            Written: 2/20/09
            NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
            TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
            App: 5/5/09
            Geo: San Diego
            Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
            NOR: 7/20/09
            Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
            TO: 10/6/09
            Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
            Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
            Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
            App: 8/17/10
            Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
            TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

CHP has been involved in many interagency enforcement activities - pairing officers from CHP and the agency since the late 1970s. Special Enforcement Teams, Regional Intoxicated Driver Enforcement Teams, Concentrated Enforcement Teams, etc. They do it all over the state.

We used to have six to seven agencies involved in the RIDET programs at holiday times - CHP, Pomona, Ontario, Upland, Claremont, Montclair and SBSO officers all team up in one-anothers' units and patrol enmasse.

It is a great morale booster and gets everyone together on the same page as far as working together and socializing.

It is not really a new concept and Orange County was not the developer of the program. It happens all over the state.
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

I remember working with a CHP anti-hijack taskforce several years ago.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9540 users online. 353 members and 9187 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X