300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I legally borrow a rifle/pistol?

I have a shooting trip planned and was wondering if it's legal to borrow a friends pistol and AR. I remember a PC that lists possession of a weapon not registered to you as a felony but I can't remember if that only applies to those who commited a crime.

The AR will get you hooked for a felony, unless it is one of the CA legal weapons with the bullet button ect......

There is a section for possession of a pistol that you are not the owner of, but there are also a couple of other conditions that have to be met in order for you in be in violation of it......it is one of the MANY sub sections of (to the best of my memory) 12031 PC.......
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
      The AR will get you hooked for a felony, unless it is one of the CA legal weapons with the bullet button ect......

There is a section for possession of a pistol that you are not the owner of, but there are also a couple of other conditions that have to be met in order for you in be in violation of it......it is one of the MANY sub sections of (to the best of my memory) 12031 PC.......
      PC 12031 (a) (2) (f), but it has to be loaded and concealed. Handguns are fine as long as they are transported properly and not stolen. AR is not a good idea.

Comment

Thanks, the AR does have the bullet button and it legal if that makes a difference.

Comment

No high cap mags for the handgun.

PC 12020(a)(2) Commencing January 1, 2000, manufactures or causes to be
          manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or
          exposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity
          magazine.

Comment

your good. just be smart about the way you transport it.

Comment

Originally posted by McGruff View Post
              No high cap mags for the handgun.

PC 12020(a)(2) Commencing January 1, 2000, manufactures or causes to be
              manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or
              exposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity
              magazine.
              Thats an interesting code, it doesn't say anything about possession. It looks like the person providing it is the offender. Our weapon laws are retarded.

Comment

Have the owner write you a note including make, model, serial number, with the owners name and cell/home number. I do that when I borrow my F.I.L.'s .357 to go hunting. Just for extra proof the gun not registered to me is borrowed and not stolen.
                ____________ _____________
                "Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything" - Alexander Hamilton

Comment

Originally posted by IEA Applicant View Post
                  Thats an interesting code, it doesn't say anything about possession. It looks like the person providing it is the offender. Our weapon laws are retarded.
                  Yep.
                  Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                  --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

If you have a HSC, you can borrow it up to 30 days at a time.
                    If you do not have a HSC, the owner of the handgun needs to be with you during the duration of the loan, which can not be longer than 3 days.

Penal Code 12078
                    (d)(1) Subdivision (d) of Section 12072 shall not apply to the infrequent loan of firearms between persons who are personally known to each other for any lawful purpose, if the loan does not exceed 30 days in duration and, when the firearm is a handgun, commencing January 1, 2003, the individual being loaned the handgun has a valid handgun safety certificate.
                    (2) Subdivision (d) of Section 12072, and subdivision (b) of Section 12801 shall not apply to the loan of a firearm where all of the following conditions exist:
                    (A) The person loaning the firearm is at all times within the presence of the person being loaned the firearm.
                    (B) The loan is for a lawful purpose.
                    (C) The loan does not exceed three days in duration.
                    (D) The individual receiving the firearm is not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm pursuant to Section 12021 or 12021.1 of this code, or by Section 8100 or 8103 of the Welfare and Institutions Code.
                    (E) The person loaning the firearm is 18 years of age or older.
                    (F) The person being loaned the firearm is 18 years of age or older.

Comment

WOW... I can't wait for the show to be back the Discovery Channel about how sausage is made again.
                      ____________ _____________
                      "Those Who Stand For Nothing, Fall For Anything" - Alexander Hamilton

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10103 users online. 308 members and 9795 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X