Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont know what to do. Some helpful advice on academies?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IE Copper View Post
    Even IF you complete the academy, you still have no qualifications besides a basic POST certificate.
    He won't even have that. That only comes after being hired and completing FTO and probation.

Comment

Originally posted by hkp200040
      Some or most big city Police Dept. in CA still requires you to attend their full basic POST Academy even if you've already graduated from an academy somewhere else.
      Your still around? You need to quit spreading information on this website that you have no clue about. Out of 100s of departments in California, only two that I know of will not accept POST cerfificates from other academies. Long Beach PD is one. LA is the other, and they just require a very short transition class.
      "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." Winston Churchill

Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side.

Comment

Your still around? You need to quit spreading information on this website that you have no clue about. Out of 100s of departments in California, only two that I know of will not accept POST cerfificates from other academies. Long Beach PD is one. LA is the other, and they just require a very short transition class.
        I believe LASD requires POST Trained (academy graduates) to attend their 18 week basic academy.
        The more you sweat in here, the less you'll bleed on the street. - Plaque at LASD academy

Comment

Originally posted by hkp200040
          And don't forget San Jose PD, San Francisco PD, Oakland PD, and I think San Diego PD and Sacramento PD as well. Duh, I think those are most of the major PDs in CA.

The very short transistion class is for LATERALS, not entry level (trainee) officers. Entry level / trainee officers still have to attend the full 6 months or more academy if they graduated from an academy elsewhere.
          The point is that lateral or not, these people attended different academies. Long Beach PD is the only department that requires every one of their officers to go through their academy.

Quit spreading misinformation. I have no problem with people who are not in law enforcement sharing good information with people who need it. You, however, are not in law enforcement, and you have spread misinformation, and insulted Police Officers non-stop since you signed up on this site. You should look up the name "wannabecop" or similar. That dude came here like you and was banned shortly after.
          "I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." Winston Churchill

Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side.

Comment

The point is that lateral or not, these people attended different academies. Long Beach PD is the only department that requires every one of their officers to go through their academy.

Quit spreading misinformation. I have no problem with people who are not in law enforcement sharing good information with people who need it. You, however, are not in law enforcement, and you have spread misinformation, and insulted Police Officers non-stop since you signed up on this site. You should look up the name "wannabecop" or similar. That dude came here like you and was banned shortly after.
            Uhh, more misinformation.

Long Beach only requires laterals (POST certified, meaning off FTO and probation) to go through a 7 week transition class.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18033 users online. 503 members and 17530 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X