Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard Governor Brown vetoed the bill to arm the hospital police. Wow! Anyone in the process? Any feedback?

Comment

• Even if it had passed, AB 2623 was empty legislation. It said two things.

1. Hospitals were required to develop a policy regarding arming state hospital peace officers under its jurisdiction while those officers are performing hospital security functions outside of the secure area of the hospital.

2. Officer may carry firearms only if authorized and under terms and conditions specified by their employing agency.

The hospitals are already in compliance with this legislation even though it has not passed. Pursuant to discretionary authority granted them by the Legislature, the hospitals have prohibited their officers from being armed while on duty and said so in writing. In doing so they have developed a policy regarding arming state hospital peace officers under their jurisdiction while those officers are performing hospital security functions outside of the secure area of the hospital.

In short, even if the bill passed they could have kept them unarmed and still complied with the law.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• I've always wondered why CDCR just doesn’t absorb the Hospital Police, its pretty much the same function. Patrol the facility and dealing with inmates. Both have been sentenced to serve time no matter the length. I don’t see a need for to separate agencies dealing with the same basic issues, baby sitting criminals.
        I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

• Because CDCR is an outside organization and doing so would deny the hospital the ability to regulate the law enforcement agency serving it. Under state law, each Hospital Administrator is the chief law enforcement officer for their facility. As such, they are entitled to dictate how law enforcement operates at their location. Hospital Administrators lose that control when you bring in an outside agency whose policies and practices are dictated by Sacramento.

It is the same reason cities and counties have their own PDs & SOs instead of contracting with a State law enforcement agency for police services. Everyone wants local control and to be able to influence enforcement to meet their individual needs rather than have things dictated by someone 400 miles away in the Capitol.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• But is there not medical wards for cdcr? It's not much of a hospital I do get what your saying though. Cdcr does operate a medical ward so why not do the same for the crazies. Just curious what academy do they attend hospital police that is?
            I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6065 users online. 427 members and 5638 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X