Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, double post.
    Last edited by pulicords; 03-01-2010, 07:43 AM. Reason: double post
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
      ...yet "another" law abiding citizen with hi cap assault rifle and that "you'll never take me alive" mindset.I know there are plenty of folks here who have that ,"its part of the job" mindset, but will the loss of those two officers ever come up in all the arguements we see here about people screaming that the gov't is disarming them?"doubtful" as most could care less.
      He could have just as easily caused such havoc using a bolt action, scoped "hunting" rifle for all you or any of us know. It happened that way in the Austin (TX) Towers incident. The fact the guy had a rifle with a "pistol grip" and thirty round magazines instead of a non-pistol grip and multiple ten round magazines is completely irrelevant. He clearly wanted to kill any officers intent on taking him to jail and simply used one tool instead of another. If he'd killed them with a five shot .38 revolver, or a shotgun, would that have made you feel any better?

Another LEO was just killed in San Diego County chasing a wrong-way DUI driver. That suspect was misusing an automobile instead of a firearm, was the death of the deputy any less tragic, any more or less preventable? Every one of us entered this profession knowing the risks involved. Most of us don't expect the U.S. Constitution to be changed, to make our job easier.
      Last edited by pulicords; 03-01-2010, 08:52 AM.
      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by Zam View Post
        DOAcop38, you are correct. I read the quote wrong and I haven't been able to find anything about Liles being a felon. My bad.
        just a mentally ill, bitter POS !!! Sad that he ws able to arm himself with guns and hold these coppers off, but this sicko would have eventually knifed someone ran them down with a car, or something horrible. God bless those officers, and i guess the only consolation is that he didn't take any civies down either.........

Puli, the problem I have is that a person like this can take on police officers/Deputies so easily.I just hate to see "our guys" get taken on like this...
        "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

The Reedley Officer was taken off life support this morning.

R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
            Puli, the problem I have is that a person like this can take on police officers/Deputies so easily.I just hate to see "our guys" get taken on like this...
            I hate to see it too DOA, but I believe the problem has less to do with equipment and more to do with:
            1) The determination on the part of the offender to take our lives.
            2) Our lack of preparations.
            3) The fact that our ability to respond to the threat, almost always (by necessity) occurs after the attack has begun.

This "gun control" stuff alienates us from those we are supposed to serve, by attempting to increasingly limit citizens' rights that they presently enjoy and know are recognized by the U.S. Constitution.

Comment

Ya' know, you go to all these trainings over the years and it takes a guy from the mid-west you had DT training with in CA. that one of our training partners for 2 wks. was one of the fallin officers! I googled the name and remembered him fondly, so full of life! Rest in peace:Officer Javier Bejar

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14727 users online. 421 members and 14306 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X