Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!! To get a dream job like this in this economy is truly a blessing. Hey, for all you CHP guys, try and get your hands on the basic workout DVD from the CHP. My friend has a copy, and it is a 17 minute workout that will kick your butt!! Its mostly push-ups, sit-ups, leg lifts, and diamond push-ups (legs far apart and closer to your shoulders. You form a diamond with your hands and touch your nose to the diamond in a downward motion then push back up). I am in pretty good shape, but I struggled finishing the entire workout.
    Last edited by weezy34; 02-24-2010, 05:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Good luck and congrats guys. I read that the last class began with approx 197 and graduated with something like 117? Crazy... Stay focused!

Comment

Originally posted by weezy34 View Post
        Congrats!! To get a dream job like this in this economy is truly a blessing. Hey, for all you CHP guys, try and get your hands on the basic workout DVD from the CHP. My friend has a copy, and it is a 17 minute workout that will kick your butt!! Its mostly push-ups, sit-ups, leg lifts, and diamond push-ups (legs far apart and closer to your shoulders. You form a diamond with your hands and touch your nose to the diamond in a downward motion then push back up). I am in pretty good shape, but I struggled finishing the entire workout.
        There is a video on their myspace page that outlines their workouts. Its not the full workout like you mentioned, just outlines what they use. Those 'nose-in-the-ring's' look fun

Comment

The Cadet Workout DVD is great. I have been using for the past few weeks and yes, it is definitely difficult. Probably one of the best training aides you could ask for. Ask your background investo for one, thats where i got mine.

Comment

Here is something for you to start studying before you get to the Academy:

http://www.chp.ca.gov/recruiting/docs/asg.pdf

http://www.chp.ca.gov/cadet/cadetlife.html

http://www.chp.ca.gov/cadet/pdf/cadet_physical_prep.pdf

Good luck to all those who are attending the next class - CTC-II-10.
            Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Thank you SgtCHP. I am focused on the task ahead. Hopefully,I will be in the best possible shape I can be in when I arrive. I am trying not to injure myself before hand. Good luck to all and I look forward to meeting some of you in person soon. Stay safe.
              Thank you to all that serve.

Comment

Originally posted by SDLEO2B View Post
                UrbanCowboy,
                What part of California are you in? I am waiting for the SDPD in April myself.

Just looking for some potential workout partners/co-motivators
                Good Luck man. I'll be going to the SBSO Academy...Just waiting to take the psych and medical now.
                A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood. - General George Patton

Comment

Originally posted by rusty57 View Post
                  Thank you SgtCHP. I am focused on the task ahead. Hopefully,I will be in the best possible shape I can be in when I arrive. I am trying not to injure myself before hand. Good luck to all and I look forward to meeting some of you in person soon. Stay safe.
                  Push yourself , but don't get buckwild, you injure yourself you wont make it anywhere. And remember MORE PEOPLE FAIL OUT DUE TO ACADEMICS THEN P.T. It's just if your in great shape you make the academy a little easier.

Comment

my buddy is in the CHP academy now he said has been damn hard... KNUCKLE PUSHUPS on the asphalt. Thats all they been doing he said. So i guess hit the pavement.
                    Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun

Comment

Any updates? Anybody else get the invite?

Comment

Originally posted by calicopper View Post
                        my buddy is in the CHP academy now he said has been damn hard... KNUCKLE PUSHUPS on the asphalt. Thats all they been doing he said. So i guess hit the pavement.
                        knuckle pushups with the baton in your hands

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14541 users online. 422 members and 14119 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X