300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upland Police physical agility test

Would anyone happen to know what the events are for the Upland Police physical agility test, and what are the minimum scores to pass in each event?

You can call and ask for the information:

909) 931-4175.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

I don't understand why so many people inquire about physical agility test for depts.. Get your butt in top physical condition before you even think about applying. In my opinion if you have to worry about what the PT consist of you should even be applying..
      Retired LASD

Comment

^^^^Call and ask; they will let you know...

Also, I did not know they were still hiring...I am in backgrounds right now.
        Last edited by urbancowboy; 02-18-2010, 09:01 PM. Reason: spelling error
        A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood. - General George Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
          I don't understand why so many people inquire about physical agility test for depts.. Get your butt in top physical condition before you even think about applying. In my opinion if you have to worry about what the PT consist of you should even be applying..
          From a 40 yr old just trying to get in to a local academy. I can tell you that if POST or a local PD expect a candidate to be able to run a marathon week one, then we'd rather know now. I think we (candidates) want to set reasonable expectations for ourselves so we don't waste anyones time. We want to know what to expect. This helps maintain a positive attitude and set reachable goals. This site has been instrumental in helping me set my expectations.

Having been on many many ride alongs recently - I've seen first hand some LEO's are in worse shape than I am...and that is saying something since I'm coming off 20 yrs in an office with sporadic working out.

Many think when they see LEO's out of shape that it is easy to "get in" and they fail to realize many of those people WERE in shape when they went though the academy. And the TV show Cops certainly can mislead people - especially the episodes in the 80's.

But yes, everyone should just focus on getting in the best shape that can before entering...which is what I have been doing for the last couple of months.

To the poster - just believe in yourself give a 110% and let the chips fall as they may.
          I'm not a LEO but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night!

Academy In! --- Out ;( --- In again??

Comment

Originally posted by socalpatrol View Post
            From a 40 yr old just trying to get in to a local academy. I can tell you that if POST or a local PD expect a candidate to be able to run a marathon week one, then we'd rather know now. I think we (candidates) want to set reasonable expectations for ourselves so we don't waste anyones time. We want to know what to expect. This helps maintain a positive attitude and set reachable goals. This site has been instrumental in helping me set my expectations.

Having been on many many ride alongs recently - I've seen first hand some LEO's are in worse shape than I am...and that is saying something since I'm coming off 20 yrs in an office with sporadic working out.

Many think when they see LEO's out of shape that it is easy to "get in" and they fail to realize many of those people WERE in shape when they went though the academy. And the TV show Cops certainly can mislead people - especially the episodes in the 80's.

But yes, everyone should just focus on getting in the best shape that can before entering...which is what I have been doing for the last couple of months.

To the poster - just believe in yourself give a 110% and let the chips fall as they may.
            Even the toughest PAT administered by an agency doesn't even come close to how difficult it will be in the academy. Expect to run at least 6 miles doing push-ups, sit-ups and whatever else in between. There will be days where you will do nothing but PT for hours. After you spend hours doing PT, you will then spend more time doing arrest and control which gets physically demanding as well.
            I knew the academy was going to be difficult going in but it ended up being worse that I thought and I was running 4 miles 3 times a week prior to entering it. If you can only do enough to barely pass then I wouldn't suggest attending an academy.

Comment

Originally posted by socalpatrol View Post

Even the toughest PAT administered by an agency doesn't even come close to how difficult it will be in the academy. Expect to run at least 6 miles doing push-ups, sit-ups and whatever else in between. There will be days where you will do nothing but PT for hours. After you spend hours doing PT, you will then spend more time doing arrest and control which gets physically demanding as well.
              I knew the academy was going to be difficult going in but it ended up being worse that I thought and I was running 4 miles 3 times a week prior to entering it. If you can only do enough to barely pass then I wouldn't suggest attending an academy.

Comment

Anyway, to answer the question, you do a 6 foot solid wall and chain link climb, 175 pound dummy drag, 99 yard obstacle course, and 24 push-ups. Lastly, you have to run 1.5 miles in under 12:24.

You run downhill for the 1st half, turn around, then run up the hill. Expect a headwind.

Comment

Originally posted by IEA Applicant View Post
                  What academy did you attend?

As far as your comments, I can do well above the minimum now - but I am by no means a long distance runner and that will be my challenge. I won't be first to the finish line. But I still believe I will make a great LEO when it is all said and done.
                  I'm not a LEO but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night!

Academy In! --- Out ;( --- In again??

Comment

Anyone know what the Upland PD written exam consist of?

Comment

Standard POST written.

Comment

You want to know what you're going to have to get through to just get a shot at the one year probation with Upland PD? Go and watch the trainees at the SBSO academy. Those guys are freaking maniacs. I almost had to go to SBSO for the academy in '81. Fortunately, God's providence caused my Chief to turn the enrollment paperwork in late and so I went to the Riverside Sheriff's Academy one month later. I did have an opportunity to see those guys get their @sses handed to them for about a week while I attended an advanced A.I. course, I'm glad I went to Riverside.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9813 users online. 362 members and 9451 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X