300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog rescue?

For those who saw it....., maybe someone can post a link to the video, I dont know how to do that, .....do you think it was a stupid waiste of time, or kind of cool.

Turns out the dog really mauled the firefighter and he kept at it, that guy should get the PETA man of the century award.
    Originally posted by FJDave
    GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
    "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

I think it was good practice/training for saving a person later in the riverbed. I do love dogs...but bite me and your done, your right he did a great job dealing with the dog.

Comment

Its on the westcoast thread.

For future posts...Go to the news page where the video is...right click on the addresss bar thingy!! Copy and paste here!

http://www.ktvu.com/video/22316355/index.html
      Last edited by deputy x 2; 01-23-2010, 04:16 PM.
      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

In an interview the firefighter said that the dog was getting lots of news coverage. Due to that coverage, they were afraid that people were gonna take it upon themselves to try and save the dog. Therefore, they would have numerous human rescue victims to get out of the water and decided to just get the dog.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Smurfette
        Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
        Originally posted by DAL
        You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/

Emergency responders have long sought the better PR event that they can get to elevate the public perception of the agency.

Rescuing a helpless animal from the ravages of swift moving rapids in the Los Angeles River has done its job of elevating the heroes of the LAFD and enhancing their overall appearance as a top notch agency. Now, little kids will aspire to be a fire fighter all over the country, since the event has been reported and broadcast on all of the major networks.

The value of such an event is immeasurable in dollars worth.

The FFs gained untold experience and practice in the event that, should the occasion arise, they can apply in a future recue incident. KUDOs to all involved.
          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
            In an interview the firefighter said that the dog was getting lots of news coverage. Due to that coverage, they were afraid that people were gonna take it upon themselves to try and save the dog. Therefore, they would have numerous human rescue victims to get out of the water and decided to just get the dog.
            the news coverage they were watching from the lazy boy chairs in their nice, warm, cozy firestation ?

Comment

No It probably was dinner time so everyone was scurrying about the station :-)

Comment

Lmao...

Comment

He was shivering in the back of the fire/ambulance.

Heres the interview with FF St Georges
                  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...29510#35029510
                  Last edited by deputy x 2; 01-23-2010, 08:10 PM.
                  This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Step 1: Wave bye-bye to doggie.
                    Step 2: Go to pound, get another dog.
                    LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
                      Its on the westcoast thread.

For future posts...Go to the news page where the video is...right click on the addresss bar thingy!! Copy and paste here!

http://www.ktvu.com/video/22316355/index.html
                      There is a westcoast thread? This site really has too many threads
                      Originally posted by FJDave
                      GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
                      "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

^^

it was added into some westcoast weather thread by her, didnt have its own thread.....

Comment

Originally posted by WPD954 View Post
                          the news coverage they were watching from the lazy boy chairs in their nice, warm, cozy firestation ?

HA HA ! thats how those heroes do it !

Comment

Originally posted by nataliej429 View Post
                            HA HA ! thats how those heroes do it !
                            I forgot to add while playing video games

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Man View Post
                              There is a westcoast thread? This site really has too many threads
                              Sorry I wasn't specific....thanks WPD954 for the clarification.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10746 users online. 361 members and 10385 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X