300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverside County Sheriff PAT test

Did anyone else get an invite to the PAT test this month? 1.5 mile, sit-up, push-up style test.
    Originally Posted by Law100
    Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Did your letter say its 1.5 mile run, pushup situp thing?

http://www.riversidesheriff.org/empl...y/physical.htm
    shows an obstacle course, body drag, 500yard run.

Id bet your letter is more recent though

Comment

Sounds like the "pre Assessment Physical"

It is administered to get an idea of where you are at physically before starting the academy. They can also use it as a weeding out process to narrow down the applicant pool...Good Luck.
      Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
      --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

Andrew, I already did the one on the site (last March), so hopefully this is a next step.

SoCal, have you heard anything about movement despite the freeze?

Comment

The only thing I've heard about movement is a rumor of even more deputies moving from patrol back to the courts or the jails. But again, its just a rumor.

When I got hired, we had two of the PAT's you describe after the initial physical agility but before the academy start.
          Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
          --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

I received an invitation to participate in the PAT test even though I already passed sometime in 2009; shortly after I read of a hiring freeze on this site and how individuals were receiving DQ's left and right. Sure enough I received that dreaded letter.

Comment

Well I havent taken a physical with Riverside before, but I just got the invitation.
              Does anyone know if this is Pass/fail or scored?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewthetanman View Post
                Well I havent taken a physical with Riverside before, but I just got the invitation.
                Does anyone know if this is Pass/fail or scored?
                I did both CD and Sworn academies with RSO @ Ben Clark. It was many moons ago but each event has certain requirements and you either cut the mustard or dont.

Comment

Any idea on what those requirements are/were?

Comment

ok im digging deep in my cluttered brain for the events. Dont quote me but for sworn you have to do a 1.5 mile run in under 14 ?? I remember while in the academy they really really pushed you for under 12. There was a soild wall climb and chain link fence climb event. you had to go over and do like a 50 foot dash in under 12 seconds ??? I remember situps and pushups and a sit and reach test.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewthetanman View Post
                      Any idea on what those requirements are/were?
                      Unless it has changed in the past year minimum requirements as follows:
                      1.5 miles under 14 minutes
                      40 pushups in a minute
                      40 sit-ups in a minute
                      Successfully scale a solid and chain-link wall

Each wall climb is timed and there is a short dash after. I don't remember the time requirements.
                      "Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there."
                      Lieutenant General Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Comment

Originally posted by usmc5711 View Post
                        Unless it has changed in the past year minimum requirements as follows:
                        1.5 miles under 14 minutes
                        40 pushups in a minute
                        40 sit-ups in a minute
                        Successfully scale a solid and chain-link wall

Each wall climb is timed and there is a short dash after. I don't remember the time requirements.
                        The web-site says they're doing the PAT on the 27th of Jan. It's my understanding the PAT is the 2 walls, the dummy drag, obsticle course & 500 yd. run. Then again, the test you describe, pre-academy test, also spells "PAT". Has anyone called to ask exactly what test they're doing?

Comment

Originally posted by bigben12 View Post
                          The web-site says they're doing the PAT on the 27th of Jan. It's my understanding the PAT is the 2 walls, the dummy drag, obsticle course & 500 yd. run. Then again, the test you describe, pre-academy test, also spells "PAT". Has anyone called to ask exactly what test they're doing?
                          It was in the email they sent out to the people invited to the test. 1.5 mile run, sit-ups and push-ups. It isn't the usual one.

Comment

Originally posted by pappabacon View Post
                            It was in the email they sent out to the people invited to the test. 1.5 mile run, sit-ups and push-ups. It isn't the usual one.

Got it. I did that one back in March last year. I surprised they're not having me do it again...

Comment

Originally posted by bigben12 View Post
                              Got it. I did that one back in March last year. I surprised they're not having me do it again...
                              Are you talking about the other one, fence and all that stuff? Yeah I did that one too. Did you get DQ'd?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7540 users online. 296 members and 7244 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X