300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDCR Parola Agent openings

In the last couple of weeks I have received 30+ letters regarding openings for PA1s. Anyone know what gives, has CDCR found some money?

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Career_Opportunities/POR/PA.html

According to their site, they are not. My guess is that they would need more with all the garbage they are going to unload onto the streets.

Comment

We are being sued again due to that recent finding of the female in the backyard of that sex offender's house. They are trying to reduce the caseload of a Parole Agent to around 45 or so I believe, so they are going to have quite a few openings, especially in Region 3.

Comment

CDCR is now showing three Parole Agent academies in 2010: January, March, and April. Within the last few days I have received offers for interview in five different counties. Looks like I'll be racking up my Southwest Airline miles.

I will wait and see if this turns into a valid opportunity.

Comment

I heard some great words today, "assuming we find nothing else in your background, I'm confident you will pass this investigation." I took my written psych, BI interview, and medical all within three weeks. I think CDCR is trying to fill an academy before the state take the money away.

Anyone else in the process?
          Last edited by st2001; 04-06-2010, 10:59 PM.

Comment

just curious where can you find more information about job openings or just more information of the requirements ?..

edit: saw the link posted above...

this is another career im considering once im done with bachelors
            Last edited by John Connor; 04-07-2010, 08:15 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Im in the process. I already work for the department but instead of turning in a transfer packet to Parole I took the Parole Agent test and got an interview from that. I am guessing that they are putting everyone together who interviewed around the same time because they don't have to do another background, psych, medical on me because the dept. has done one already when I got hired as a CO. However, I am still waiting for an academy date. I interviewed back in Dec. and got my job offer letter in Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by BigHouseGreen View Post
                Im in the process. I already work for the department but instead of turning in a transfer packet to Parole I took the Parole Agent test and got an interview from that. I am guessing that they are putting everyone together who interviewed around the same time because they don't have to do another background, psych, medical on me because the dept. has done one already when I got hired as a CO. However, I am still waiting for an academy date. I interviewed back in Dec. and got my job offer letter in Jan.
                Looks like they just added two more academy dates, 7/29 and 9/13. Best of luck, maybe I'll see you in Galt.

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Career_Opport...R/IndexFF.html

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17372 users online. 502 members and 16870 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X