Richmond PD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richmond PD

Does anyone out there have any info on Richmond PD? How is the department morale? Is it a good place to work? All I know is what they have up on their website and would love to hear your thoughts/ opinions.

Thanks!

.....bump^^^^

Comment

In the ghetto.... in the ghetto....
      Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
      Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLeo1204 View Post
        .....bump^^^^
        I have no idea what this means.

What I'm really getting at is how the department is. How is the morale? How do they treat their officers? That sort of thing.

Comment

.....bump^^^^

What I'm really getting at is how the department is. How is the morale? How do they treat their officers? That sort of thing.

Comment

.....bump^^^^

Comment

I posted that three times. Damn. Sorry guys.

Comment

.....bump^^^^
                Originally posted by ERMJ View Post

FutureLeo replied to your thread to "bump" it to the top in hopes of it possibly getting some responses. Fancy forum talk.
                Never second guess your own common sense.

Comment

I read somewhere - either another forum or a thread around here that Richmond was awesome. It was from the perspective of a candidate who had gone on something like 5 ride-alongs over the course of 9 months.

He said they were super aggressive, super tight knit and the guys who worked nights were very proactive. Newspaper headlines seem to indicate that Richmond is Hell on Earth and that the city's budget consists of pocket lint.

Comment

Are they really still hiring Trainees thats what their HR website says but i am a skeptic. Is it just that no one want to apply or what is the deal?
                    R.I.P. Officer Wayne McLaughlin

Comment

Originally posted by ERMJ View Post
                      Does anyone out there have any info on Richmond PD? How is the department morale? Is it a good place to work? All I know is what they have up on their website and would love to hear your thoughts/ opinions.

Thanks!
                      Don't know much about RPD but all I know is starting 7/2011 their starting salary will be $91k. According to ad's they put out in my POA magazine. Pay will range $91-126k (not including incentives), that is a lot of money. You can throw me in any ghetto for that pay..

Comment

Originally posted by nevets616 View Post
                        Don't know much about RPD but all I know is starting 7/2011 their starting salary will be $91k. According to ad's they put out in my POA magazine. Pay will range $91-126k (not including incentives), that is a lot of money. You can throw me in any ghetto for that pay..
                        They definitely earn it.
                        Never second guess your own common sense.

Comment

I called recruiting today, and the officer said all approved applicants will be eligible to test on Feb 27th. It looks from here at least that there are jobs to be had.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightBlue View Post
                            They definitely earn it.
                            Yes they do, i just read their crime stats. in a city of 100k+ they had 27 homicides in 09 and 40+ in 08...with about 200 ofcrs thats crazy. God bless them..

Comment

They had way more than 27 homicides last year. I was on my 4th ride along when number 33 happened. A lot of laterals from surrounding agencies that laid off have gotten on with them. During my experience there, it is not so crazy you could not take a **** but they stay fairly busy. All 4 Officers that I rode with were by far the most badass cops I have ever met. It is a crap hole but for some city it is my number one choice when it comes to departments in the Bay Area. As of July 2011, starting pay goes up to 91k which is one of the highest in the Bay.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5046 users online. 226 members and 4820 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X