300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contra Costa 166th Basic Academy

Is anyone here applying to this class? Either affiliated or non-affiliated? I'm looking to start networking early.
    Never second guess your own common sense.

Looking at it, but you only earn 24 college credits vs. Alameda County where you can earn 31.25.

Comment

Originally posted by X1X1X1 View Post
      Looking at it, but you only earn 24 college credits vs. Alameda County where you can earn 31.25.
      The college credit isn't as much of a concern for me. CoCo is much closer in my case. I wasn't aware that ALCO was taking non-affilliates. I don't even know when their next academy is.

Comment

Anyone have more info on CoCo County as far as hiring sponsored recruits? They had a posting for Deputy Sheriff Recruit on the county website that had a cut-off date of January 19, 2010. I sent my application and T-score in just in time. Anyone know if and when they will hire and when a possible academy date is? I can't find anything on their website. Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by weezy34 View Post
          Anyone have more info on CoCo County as far as hiring sponsored recruits? They had a posting for Deputy Sheriff Recruit on the county website that had a cut-off date of January 19, 2010. I sent my application and T-score in just in time. Anyone know if and when they will hire and when a possible academy date is? I can't find anything on their website. Thanks in advance
          I'm not sure if they're doing multiple testing cycles, but I had my Oral Board today and did my Written/PAT last weekend.

Comment

You saw this, right?

Upcoming Basic Academy Estimated Dates:

166th Academy Class

Orientation Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Start Date: Monday, April 12, 2010

Graduation: Friday, October 8, 2010
            Midnight and I are on the same testing schedule, but so far as another PAT and Oral Board date (which is what Weezy needs), I'm not sure. I'd call the Academy Coordinator or the Recruiting Office and ask - Both numbers are on the web page.

Comment

Thanks X1, I just saw that on the academy website a few minutes ago. I am hoping that this last cut-off date is for people going to that academy. The final filing date was "continuous" for a while, but that was recently changed to 1/19/2010. I have a pretty good T-score (so I was told) so maybe there is a chance I will be invited to the PAT/Oral interview. If I may ask, when did you and Midnight apply and how long did it take for them to contact you? Good luck to the both of you and I hope you did well on the oral interview. If you guys hear any more information during your process please drop me a line

Comment

well, I got an email and I have the PAT next weekend. Hey X1, in another post you stated that there are only 10 positions open? If they had 300 at your PAT, im guessing there will be another few hundred at mine (I'm assuming most people pass the PAT). Are they really going to interview 600 people for 10 spots?

Comment

The 10 spots part came from an article I read a few weeks back. It said that the Sheriff's Office had laid off 25 deputies in 2008/9, but since then all have been re-hired. It went on to say the the agency is down 25 deputies, but that they are hiring for 10. So take the number 10 with a grain of salt, because I read it in The Contra Costa Times.

If I'm realistic with myself I'm going to say they already have the 10 people pretty much chosen. The next class is in April and it is doubtful they could do a full BI + all the other stuff in less than 4 months. We'd be looking at maybe a November class, if we're lucky. A lot of the people will be there because they want to go non-affiliate/self-sponsor and the PAT is needed for them to get in.

Comment

They are only down 25 positions? Thats actually not bad at all. I live in Sacramento and they laid off over 100 deputies last year. Sac PD has avoided layoffs but they are down 80+ positions. Both agencies are not even accepting applications at the moment. Well, its probably a long shot but I will attent the PAT next weekend and see what happens.

Comment

Just saw on their Facebook page that Contra Costa hired 18 Deputy Sheriff recruits for the academy that starts on April 12th. I hope this is a sign of more things to come because I am going through the process with them now. Their next academy is scheduled for October of this year.

I also saw that they are expected to make more cuts next year, but they don't plan on laying anyone off (at least I hope not if they just hired 18 recruits). It sounds like they never re-filled positions that they lost over the past year to make room for the new hires. Anyone know if they will hire for the October academy??

Comment

hey guys it looks like it has been a while since anyone has posted on here. I am looking to go into the 167th academy which starts in October. Is anyone else here on that same path. From what I have been told I only have the final interview left. If any one on here got into the 166th academy I would appreciate being able to pick your brain to find out what to expect in the final interview and how best to prepare for academy.
                        Contra Costa County Hiring Time Line (Hired)
                        02/6/2010 Written Test & Physical Agility (passed)
                        ~02/11/2010 Oral Board (scored 91/100)(Passed)
                        02/25/2010 Polygraph (Passed)
                        02/2010-05/2010 Background (Passed)
                        05/28/2010 Psychological Exam (Passed)
                        06/8/2010 Medical Exam (Passed)
                        06/25/2010 Treadmill Test (Passed)
                        08/06/2010 Jail Tour
                        08/18/2010 Final Interview (8/18/2010) Hired!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cocorecruit31 View Post
                          hey guys it looks like it has been a while since anyone has posted on here. I am looking to go into the 167th academy which starts in October. Is anyone else here on that same path. From what I have been told I only have the final interview left. If any one on here got into the 166th academy I would appreciate being able to pick your brain to find out what to expect in the final interview and how best to prepare for academy.
                          I was trying to get into the 167th academy but I got booted out of the process. I took the polygraph test with them back in February but got a non-select letter a month later. Not sure if that meant I failed the poly or not. The guy that took the test told me that everything was good when I left his office....oh well, good luck to you. I'm sure the final interview is not that hard. You are probably on the doorstep of a job. Congrats!!

Comment

Thanks man I appreciate it. Sorry you got the letter. I would just keep trying though. Its hard when you have so many hurdles to jump and just failing on one near the end can end the process for you. As far as I know there are only 6-7 right now who are where I am at least it looks that way via emails. I think this up and coming class will be much smaller then the last one which they sent 18 to.
                            Contra Costa County Hiring Time Line (Hired)
                            02/6/2010 Written Test & Physical Agility (passed)
                            ~02/11/2010 Oral Board (scored 91/100)(Passed)
                            02/25/2010 Polygraph (Passed)
                            02/2010-05/2010 Background (Passed)
                            05/28/2010 Psychological Exam (Passed)
                            06/8/2010 Medical Exam (Passed)
                            06/25/2010 Treadmill Test (Passed)
                            08/06/2010 Jail Tour
                            08/18/2010 Final Interview (8/18/2010) Hired!!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7492 users online. 420 members and 7072 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X