Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part Time Positions in Sacramento, CA?

I dont have any LE background, and i understand that i would need to pay myself to get through the academy... What is the current academy price?

Does anyone know they pay for part time/reserve officers and how are these officers used? Are they basically on call when need to be?
    How would this effect my current job, or do i just report to a district and get my required hours a week at times im available?

Do reserve POs do everything that full time POs do, what are their expectations?

Also, If i go through academy myself, do i open up more doors for myself in the LE filed with part time positions? I would love to work part time in LE, and i was wondering if there are any part time LE jobs that are unarmed?

Originally posted by nickt916 View Post
    I dont have any LE background, and i understand that i would need to pay myself to get through the academy... What is the current academy price?

Does anyone know they pay for part time/reserve officers and how are these officers used? Are they basically on call when need to be?
    How would this effect my current job, or do i just report to a district and get my required hours a week at times im available?

Do reserve POs do everything that full time POs do, what are their expectations?

Also, If i go through academy myself, do i open up more doors for myself in the LE filed with part time positions? I would love to work part time in LE, and i was wondering if there are any part time LE jobs that are unarmed?
    I don't know specifically about Sacramento agencies. So I'll have to speak generally.

The average cost for an academy is around $3000-$7000 depending on the academy.

Some Reserve Officers/Deputies are paid, some are not. It is entirely dependent on the agency. The extent to which reserves are used are also up to the agency.

Some agencies hire reserves as "Level I" reserves. These types of reserve officers are eligible to attend a field training program and be deployed as solo patrol officers. There are also Level II officers, which must must work with a regular full-time officer or another Level I officer. Level III reserve officers typically have limited law enforcement responsibilities, such as jailers.

Unarmed LE positions would be..Community Service Officer (CSO), Public Safety Dispatcher, Police Jailer.

Sacramento SO:
    Job Title: Sheriff 911 Call Dispatcher
    Salary: $20.57 - $25.00 Hourly
    $1,645.60 - $2,000.00 Biweekly
    $3,579.18 - $4,350.00 Monthly
    $42,950.16 - $52,200.00 Annually

Job Type: Permanent Full-Time

Sacramento PD:
    Job Title: Dispatcher Recruit (Online Applications Only)
    Closing Date/Time: Fri. 11/27/09 5:00 PM Pacific Time
    Salary: $18.62 Hourly
    $1,489.38 Biweekly
    $38,724.00 Annually

Job Type: Full-Time Career

City of Citrus Heights:
    POLICE OFFICER ACADEMY GRADUATE - POLICE DEPARTMENT
    6/3/2009 Open Until Filled Full-time $57,488 - $68,986

Google is your friend..make a bookmark folder and add all the city and county websites where you're looking for employment, check them regularly.

G'luck.
    Last edited by Blizzination; 11-08-2009, 10:52 PM.

Comment

thank you... and there is only level i ii and iii and they all have the same levels? If i try and email sac PD for example, would they be able to provide me with most of this information, or would it be better to call?

Comment

Always call. Ask for a recruiting Sgt. A phone call will get you the better response.

Comment

Sacramento PD Reserve Officer info:
          http://www.sacpd.org/inside/join/reserve/

Application:
          http://agency.governmentjobs.com/sac...2&ViewOnly=Yes

Comment

thanks for those links

Comment

NP, best of luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2152 users online. 144 members and 2008 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X