Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should California be split into smaller states?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should California be split into smaller states?

I am not a Californian, but naturally, I hear about all the BS that comes out of this state's government (my own state government is not much better, but I still cringe at the CA government).

Do any Californians here think that the state can be changed, or do you wish where you live would form its own state?
    Yes, CA is a mess and it won't ever be fixed as a whole
    56.41%
    No. CA has it's problems, but I think they're fixable
    33.33%
    No, California is perfect the way it is.
    10.26%
    Last edited by GangGreen712; 11-05-2009, 07:19 AM.
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

As a former Golden State resident of 50+ years, we used to hear about splitting the state every so often. When I was a kid it was suggested it be split into Nor Cal and So Cal. Later, it was suggested that it be split along political lines...East Cal & West Cal. The coast is where most of the ultra libs and goofballs live. The eastern side has most the farmers and level-headed folks.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

San Diego, Riverside and Orange counties should be one state. A RED state!

Comment

Make the state line near Fresno county, So ever thing south Santa Barbra should be Socal. If they did that who do think would be the Governor, and where would the capital be??
        I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
          As a former Golden State resident of 50+ years, we used to hear about splitting the state every so often. When I was a kid it was suggested it be split into Nor Cal and So Cal. Later, it was suggested that it be split along political lines...East Cal & West Cal. The coast is where most of the ultra libs and goofballs live. The eastern side has most the farmers and level-headed folks.
          Yea lots of level headed people in bakersippi...

Comment

If it was going to split (which I am deadset against) the best line would be the Coast Range. Keep the main blue counties together, and gerrymander the coastal red counties into the conservative state.
            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Yes split the State, from Sacramento all the way north.
              Go back to where ever you came from, smoke a fatty, and sing Kum-Ba-Yah with Osama Bin Laden. Hopefully you will find the Communist Utopia you so desire.

Comment

Originally posted by LAschoolCop View Post
                Yea lots of level headed people in bakersippi...
                And, not to be forgotten, the picturesque village of Fontucky!
                Last edited by Kieth M.; 11-05-2009, 01:53 PM.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                  Make the state line near Fresno county, So ever thing south Santa Barbara should be Socal. If they did that who do think would be the Governor, and where would the capital be??
                  Let Santa Barbara have LA. We don't want their welfare deadbeats and trash. Call it South Kalifornia. Everything north of Santa Barbara could be called North Kalifornia.

And San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties could be called California.

The taxes would drop like a rock in the real "California" once we got rid of all the LA and San Fran trash. We would put the meth addicts on a bus to South Kalifornia. We would have no gay marriage, no sanctuary for illegals and the death penalty would be carried out in the manner Texas does it. There would be a Border Patrol Agent at every bus stop, home depot and construction site. It would be heaven on a stick. I'd never leave.
                  Last edited by SHU; 11-07-2009, 05:00 PM. Reason: why not

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
                    Let Santa Barbara have LA. We don't want their welfare deadbeats and trash. Call it South Kalifornia. Everything north of Santa Barbara could be called North Kalifornia.

And San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties could be called California.

The taxes would drop like a rock in the real "California" once we got rid of all the LA and San Fran trash. We would people the meth addicts on a bus to South Kalifornia. We would have no gay marriage, no sanctuary for illegals and the death penalty would be carried out in the manner Texas does it. There would be a Border Patrol Agent at every bus stop, home depot and construction site. It would be heaven on a stick. I'd never leave.
                    Don't forget Kern and Kings Counties. I'm sure they would want to be included.
                    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                    -Chris Rock

Comment

LA can be it's own state since it sucks. Everything else can be CA.

Comment

Originally posted by MCSD View Post
                        LA can be it's own state since it sucks. Everything else can be CA.
                        And perhaps the Bay Area can be its own country....they left the U.S. long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by CAleo View Post
                          Yes split the State, from Sacramento all the way north.
                          +1

Comment

The only problem with splitting CA is how to do it, remember the state cannt even solve the budget issue, then how would they handle ever other issue that comes with slicing and dicing the state.

SHU I like your idea but wouldnt that just give you more work to do??
                            I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                              The only problem with splitting CA is how to do it, remember the state cannt even solve the budget issue, then how would they handle ever other issue that comes with slicing and dicing the state.

SHU I like your idea but wouldnt that just give you more work to do??
                              I love to work. It makes the 10 hour tour fly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2971 users online. 165 members and 2806 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X