Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BklynsFinest347
    replied
    The only place I know where green lights are used on police vehicles are in Puerto Rico.

Cool looking lightbar!

Leave a comment:

• Ultimate86
    replied
    Originally posted by OliverR View Post
    Startin to see more and more of them on the road now-looks good-I like that they went with the all white light bar rather than with the red and blue plastic covering-Our dept went with the same all white bars and I like them a lot better-Draws less attention
    Hey 29, I'm 25. See ya at northern.

Leave a comment:

• OliverR
    replied
    Startin to see more and more of them on the road now-looks good-I like that they went with the all white light bar rather than with the red and blue plastic covering-Our dept went with the same all white bars and I like them a lot better-Draws less attention

Versus
    Last edited by OliverR; 11-22-2009, 02:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• leftcoastcoppa
    replied
    I like the new LED lightbars on the CHP cars now!!

Leave a comment:

• DOAcop38
    replied
    Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
    With respect to a rear facing amber light, NO! That is an optional light to warn approaching motorists of a traffic hazard and has no other purpose. It does not identify LE or emergency vehicles. There is a whole list of vehicles authorized to display a rear facing, amber warning lamp - including your personal vehicle if it is a traffic hazard.
    ..and sadly, all the rear lights seem to ever do is "attract" the DUI knuckleheads to nearly T/C'ing you or actually hitting the rear of your patrol car( or side swiping the vehicle you've just pulled over).........

Leave a comment:

• FourteenSix
    replied
    I rode as a passenger in a new LED car the other night. Those takedown lights are BRIGHT. Almost couldn't see approaching traffic on a stop.

Leave a comment:

• nobodyjr
    replied
    The point of having the forward facing red light on local vehicles is the state requires that (and the siren) to be on for purposes of liability protection. The feds have sovereign immunity, so who cares if they have a forward facing red light.

Leave a comment:

• leesrt
    replied
    Holy cow, do they really think the average driver is going to break out a code book that tells them what each color and signal sequence means?

If the lights are flashing, pull the f*** over. Nice and simple.

Thats almost as bad as the terrorrist threat level

No one knows what to do at each level. Except Ron Whites mom, you'll have to google that one.
    Last edited by leesrt; 11-10-2009, 05:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SgtCHP
    replied
    Originally posted by sigmeister View Post
    Sorry if this seems slightly off-topic.

Are federal vehicles (i.e. FBI, ATF, etc.) required to have a steady red light in the front and a rearward facing amber light?
    If operating under emergency conditions, YES! They are required to display a steady burning red light to the front. Federal LE vehicles are AEV's in CA.

With respect to a rear facing amber light, NO! That is an optional light to warn approaching motorists of a traffic hazard and has no other purpose. It does not identify LE or emergency vehicles. There is a whole list of vehicles authorized to display a rear facing, amber warning lamp - including your personal vehicle if it is a traffic hazard.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm sure Sarge can answer this... I know they aren't considered California Peace Officers

830.8. (a) Federal criminal investigators and law enforcement
    officers are not California peace officers, but may exercise the
    powers of arrest of a peace officer in any of the following
    circumstances:

Leave a comment:

• OliverR
    replied
    that is a negative as far as I know they are exempt I believe..
    just like an FBI vehicle can roll with blue and red lights in new york city when the law of NY state dictates emergency vehicles can only have red and white lights

Leave a comment:

• sigmeister
    replied
    Sorry if this seems slightly off-topic.

Are federal vehicles (i.e. FBI, ATF, etc.) required to have a steady red light in the front and a rearward facing amber light?

Leave a comment:

• moparfan
    replied
    ateamer i have seen the green lights on fire veh however it was either on the back of the vehicle flashing or a boom light but they were the command vehicles ie tahoes suburans etc never seen them on the engines. know this cause worked for a fd.

i was ref towards security veh or even if there were any state or county veh having green/purple lights? and if the lights had any significances like blues for leo's and red for emergency's vehicles.

Leave a comment:

• Madball
    replied
    the rolling ambers and takedown lights were nice

Leave a comment:

• OliverR
    replied
    Its a California thing

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3077 users online. 215 members and 2862 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X