300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI state income tax increased 10% going forward

just a heads up, your next pay check will be smaller.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
    - Cornelius Tacitus

Not mine. We figured out how much my state income tax was going to total for the year, and that I'd already paid it as of a month ago. Rather than get a refund in April, I stopped state withholding for the rest of the year. If it winds up not being quite enough, we'll write a check, but the state isn't going to raid my pay and use it. I need it more than they do.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I heard on the news all you have to do is up your exemptions.

Comment

It seems that what you really meant is that withholding will increase. The tax rate increase has been in effect for several months.

One reason not to reduce your withholding is that state tax is deductible on your federal return; by paying state tax before January 1, you reduce this year's federal tax.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

They took more out of mine last month (october, we get paid once a month), i was wondering what that was all about.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5230 users online. 292 members and 4938 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X