300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East coast officer looking to relocate

I have worked in Pennsylvania as a police officer for 12 years. I recently met a few guys from out west and I interested in possibly relocating. Can anyone advise me on the lateral transfer requirements, best places to work ? I am just trying to get an idea of where to look for now. Thanks
    Last edited by pheonix24; 10-28-2009, 03:53 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Come and get them!! (leonidus)

First you need to contact CA POST (google it) to see if your certificate will transfer. If not you will most likely need to go to an academy here in CA. After that, you need to decide where you want to go. Northern California or Southern. Big city or rural. Both are different. Then you need to decide whether you want a big dept or small or medium. There are hundreds of options. Hiring is at a snails pace right now, but being a lateral will be helpful. Once the economy turns around, hiring will pick back up.

Comment

looking for oppurtunity to advance to be honest. Ive worked here 12 years and there is nowhere to promote to thanks to the size of this department
      Come and get them!! (leonidus)

Comment

Then look at LASD, LAPD, CHP, SFPD, Long Beach PD, Santa Ana PD, Anahiem, Oakland PD, Riverside county sheriff, Ventura County sheriff, Santa Clara county sheriff. These are all large depts. Some obviously larger than others.

Comment

There are not "specific" certificates that will transfer. It is all about meeting the training hour requirements outlined by CA POST found on their website under the basic course waiver section. If you meet the requirements and plan to challenge the CA POST tests be prepared to spend $500.00 to take the tests. I'm a copper in IL and my training transfered fine and the tests were simple. Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3910 users online. 230 members and 3680 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X