300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your honest opinion

I am going to say somebody I know was a police officer from a small agency here in southern california. Long story short, he left the department shortly after being hired, due to a family crisis. Moved out of state and came back, was hired on again, but for honest family reasons had to re-sign again. My question, would it be to much for this person to ask for another opportunity for re-hire a third time , if he left solely for family and a good reason? Any response would be highly appreciated.

"Your friend" burned his bridge, they bit the bullet and let him back, and this time blew up and burned the bridge, and used the left over wood splinters to make a log cabin out of to seel on eBay.

I wouldn't even try if I were you...er....."your friend."
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Interesting. I had a friend (really, it wasnt me) who did the same thing. It all depends on his reputation and the agency. However, what I would tell this friend is how was having an LE job different that another job? You still gotta pay the bills. What I think your friend should do is ask himself if LE is where they need to be if they bail every time the going gets rough.

Comment

If it's a small agency, he should ask the chief before applying again. I would be highly skeptical. It costs a lot of money to hire someone, even if he worked for you before.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

If this guy really wanted to, he could get re-hired - if not by the same agency then another. No one can tell you how your life will pan out, only you can control your own life. The real question he/she should ask oneself is will the two other times the person had to leave repeat itself?

What's the old saying?; You'll never get different results if you keep doing the same things over again.
          Timelines:

CBPO
          App: 2/12/09
          Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
          Written: 2/20/09
          NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
          TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
          App: 5/5/09
          Geo: San Diego
          Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
          NOR: 7/20/09
          Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
          TO: 10/6/09
          Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
          Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
          Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
          App: 8/17/10
          Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
          TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

Most people just go out on leave of absences so it's not an issue. My department gives a year at a time which can be extended.

My department may or may not hire the people back who just quit. Usually not. It depends on how well they are 'liked.'

Comment

Your question is too general to give an honest answer. I dont know what a legitimate family crises or whatever you called it, actually is. I can see some justified issues, like your mother is dying and lives out of the area and you need to go take care of her, but I can see other issues where you were just being a drama queen. Not every family issue os a justifcation for quitting the job.
              Originally posted by FJDave
              GM, you have just set the bar that much higher for the rest of us in our witty, sarcastic responses. I yield to you! Good job, kind Sir!

District B13
              "We are not cops nor Feds." yet he still poses as an officer Hmmmm

Grant us grace, fearlessly, to contend against evil and to make no peace with oppression.--WWII memorial

"I have loved justice and hated iniquity, therefore I die in exile."

Pope Gregory V II

Comment

If I was the chief of a small agency and you did this to me, I'd be REAL skeptical about hiring you a third time..
                Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3017 users online. 140 members and 2877 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X