Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD Essay Exam

Hi

I know the LAPD has a written exam in the hiring process. I also know it is an essay exam, not a multiple choice type. I have been looking for books that could provide some possible insight into the types of questions that are asked. Most books discuss a multiple choice which is the most common but none cover essay exams.

I have been to the local libraries and even looked at online book stores but none seem to cover essay exam questions. Can someone point me to the right direction, or if anyone who took the test remembers any of the questions I would appreciate the insight.

www.Policebackground.net

go to the forum.......it is VERY helpfull if your an LAPD hopeful
    Last edited by VChopefull; 10-30-2009, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by minderaser View Post
      Hi

I know the LAPD has a written exam in the hiring process. I also know it is an essay exam, not a multiple choice type. I have been looking for books that could provide some possible insight into the types of questions that are asked. Most books discuss a multiple choice which is the most common but none cover essay exams.

I have been to the local libraries and even looked at online book stores but none seem to cover essay exam questions. Can someone point me to the right direction, or if anyone who took the test remembers any of the questions I would appreciate the insight.
      If someone were to provide you with some insight that might give you the edge over someone who was not privy to the data, that action might be construed to be unethical in some circles. Why should anyone provide a fellow competitor with inside info? Why would someone provide data to a total stranger.

Do your research. There are a number of publications available in book stores and local libraries to help prepare individuals for civil service examinations - including the LAPD.
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

LAPD Essay Exam

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
        If someone were to provide you with some insight that might give you the edge over someone who was not privy to the data, that action might be construed to be unethical in some circles. Why should anyone provide a fellow competitor with inside info? Why would someone provide data to a total stranger.

Do your research. There are a number of publications available in book stores and local libraries to help prepare individuals for civil service examinations - including the LAPD.
        -=-=-

1. I am not DEMANDING information. If you don't want to provide help you don't have to. I am simply requesting information that is important to me and perhaps others. I assume that when someone replies, it'll be posted here and everyone else who ran a search for this topic would see the same thing under this thread.
        2. I think 99% of the people who post here are all strangers. If I'd knew you I'd ask you in person.
        3. I did my research; it did not provide anything useful. Which is why I am now asking strangers.
        4. I don't see your "unethical" point. Are you saying those people who buy the books have an advantage over the people who cannot afford them? That is what it seems like. Which if it is the case, then why would any book store exist? or specifically why would any SAT, LSAT, GMAT, etc study guides exist?

Comment

hmm...maybe it's just me but I never needed a stinking book to tell me how to be a cop, nonetheless pass a test made for a high school graduate. But hey...to each their own!

Comment

Originally posted by McGruff View Post
            hmm...maybe it's just me but I never needed a stinking book to tell me how to be a cop, nonetheless pass a test made for a high school graduate. But hey...to each their own!
            hmm. . . maybe it's me but my question was about an essay exam, not how to be a cop, you troll!

Asking for help . . . it's called "being prepared."

Let me guess, you have never asked for help right? It shows.

Comment

Originally posted by minderaser View Post
              hmm. . . maybe it's me but my question was about an essay exam, not how to be a cop, you troll!

Asking for help . . . it's called "being prepared."

Let me guess, you have never asked for help right? It shows.
              ^^^Totally uncalled for!^^^

You have posted the same question in another part of these forums. Why? You are only supposed to post a query in one area.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132726

To address your questions and trite replys: The examination is narrative in its content and you should be able to follow the instructions that are set forth at the time of the examination. If not, then I would suggest that you strongly consider an English composition course or basic writing course at the learning institution of your choice.

Caution: The attitude you have displayed thusfar may turn to bite you in the back when seeking employment with a law enforcement institution. They have their ways of learning about people. If you get my meaning?

I would suggest a more subdued approach in your responses and remarks.
              Last edited by SgtCHP; 10-27-2009, 07:16 PM.
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

McGruff is right. If you need a book to pass the LAPD essay test, you may want to reconsider your options now. It's the first step in the process and its mainly designed to filter out the grossly unqualified candidates at the door.

Comment

minderaser - A couple things..........

If your interested in LE as a career you should check the "tude" at the door. You have managed to **** off two prominent (sworn) members of the site.

additionally.......the applicants and Officers who have taken the written test will not tell you what you want to know about the test because they have been instructed not to. It's easy....dont worry just go there and write what they ask you. Serously dont stress over it it is no big deal.

Go to the link I've provided you....It's a LAPD background specific site with lots of LAPD hopefuls and a handful of sworn LA Coppers. But please conduct yourself differently on that site. As the BI's are VERY fimular with it.

Comment

For what its worth my younger brother past the written essay for LAPD....I never thought he was too bright, but hey he did it. LOL Good luck.

(Little comic relief for this serious thread =) )
                    What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

The questions are no brainers. You'll be alright, you seem to have decent writing skills. The topics you write about are similar to basic interview questions.

Comment

Originally posted by VChopefull View Post
                        www.Policebackround.net

go to the forum.......it is VERY helpfull if your an LAPD hopeful
                        Hey VChopefull, you forgot the "g" in that link you posted.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2037 users online. 137 members and 1900 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X