300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past Drug Possession...

.................................................. ...............................
    Last edited by Calirecruit; 03-29-2010, 12:15 AM. Reason: mistake...

Last edited by SBSO_DISPATCHER; 10-22-2009, 02:50 AM. Reason: he fixed his post :)
    Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Originally posted by Calirecruit View Post

My question is, do you think I've put enough time in between the guilty plea and present day?
      Every agency has it's own standards and potential applicants to choose from. Right now (with a poor economy) it's a "buyer's market" and people can be passed over for even minor indiscretions. The only way to find out whether or not one particular department will hire you or pass you by is to go through the application process. After 11 years, it isn't so much the violation, as it is: Who are those you're competing with for the job and what are their backgrounds like?
      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
        Every agency has it's own standards and potential applicants to choose from. Right now (with a poor economy) it's a "buyer's market" and people can be passed over for even minor indiscretions. The only way to find out whether or not one particular department will hire you or pass you by is to go through the application process. After 11 years, it isn't so much the violation, as it is: Who are those you're competing with for the job and what are their backgrounds like?
        You make a great point and you're right, it is a "buyers market" out there.

All I can do is get through the academy and apply where ever and when ever.

Thanks!

Comment

I don't think that will drastically effect you now that its been 11 years. It's all about how your present yourself to the agency and what you've done since your mess-up 11 years ago. As another poster stated, each agency will have their own standards. Some will DQ you instantly, others will look past it.

Comment

.................................................. ..
            Last edited by Calirecruit; 03-29-2010, 12:15 AM. Reason: ....................................

Comment

Many agencies have a "contact a recruiter" link on their website, why not ask them? Every agency is different.

Comment

I'm with Vigilis on this. You should send out emails to many different depts to get a feeling for your chances. In this economy you cannot be picky at all, especially with a record. If you really want a job you may need to relocate for a while. Good luck.

Comment

curious- was the MJ charge "dropped" from a felony to a misd? 11 yrs, with a clean record,and ability to pass a poly might not be a problem with LAPD backgrounds( they do all the PD positions for the city of L.A.,i.e LAXPD,LAPD,PORT PD,GSDPD) I'd go to the court of record to see if the charge even shows up( it probably won't) go to

www.lacity.org/per/psb_Safety.htm you'll find the prelim. background questionnaire online( this might give you insight)
                  Last edited by DOAcop38; 10-28-2009, 06:22 PM.
                  "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

.................................................. .........
                    Last edited by Calirecruit; 03-29-2010, 12:16 AM. Reason: .......................................

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4500 users online. 272 members and 4228 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X