300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifts & Rotations

Can someone provide me with details on what Shifts & Rotations that any of the following Sheriffs departments are on?
    • San Bernardino Sheriff Dept
    • Riverside Sheriff Dept
    • Orange County Sheriff Dept

I have a buddy in Corona Fire Department, he works a rotating shift and I was wondering if this is how the above agencies work. The FD rotation works something like, 1 day on 1 day off until they hit 96 hours in a pay period, then the have 6 days off. They of course work 24 hour shifts so i know the shift length would be different between FD and SD.

Last edited by SBSO_DISPATCHER; 12-05-2009, 05:28 AM.
    Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

SBSO, thanks for your response, you were very informative. For the station you were talking about, how are the shifts decided. I apologize, I come from the corporate world (M-F 6am - 3pm) and I am very seriously considering law enforcement. I have had the bug for many years, but until recently I thought it was only a dream.
      Anyways, being from the corporate world, where my shift is structured, I am unfamiliar with how the schedules work in law enforcement. That being said, I have a few more questions.
      1. are the shifts the same every week? or could I be working graveyard, swing & day shift all in the same week?
      2. How far in advance are the shifts planned out. (a week, month...)
      3. could i potentially be working different days of the week each week. i.e. (Oct 18 - Oct 24: scheduled M-Th; Oct 25 - Oct 31: Wed - Sat)

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to understand it and be able to explain it to my wife. Trust me, I understand that this job requires extreme flexibility, I would just like a base line of how it works.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5739 users online. 328 members and 5411 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X