Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nightwing
    replied
    i am currently in the background process for this job ....did my poly about 2 months ago and got finger printed...besides the medical and the meeting with the shrink are there anymore interviews

Leave a comment:

• BTANNER
    replied
    Last edited by Recruit42; 03-27-2012, 12:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fstein138
    replied
    Originally posted by FJDave View Post
    I stated above there are a LOT of spots in the AV....there is High Desert Hospital, a college or 2, parks bureau is all over the place up there (Parks Bureau, aka PKB, would be the place I would try to get FWIW). I'm just not sure how many openings there are, but I'm sure there are more than a couple (taking a guess here).
    I know of the mental health building on Palmdale Blvd, the Palmdale AVC campus next door to the mental health building and AVC's main campus.

Lots of SOs at the court, too.

Leave a comment:

• FJDave
    replied
    I stated above there are a LOT of spots in the AV....there is High Desert Hospital, a college or 2, parks bureau is all over the place up there (Parks Bureau, aka PKB, would be the place I would try to get FWIW). I'm just not sure how many openings there are, but I'm sure there are more than a couple (taking a guess here).

Leave a comment:

• BTANNER
    replied
    Last edited by Recruit42; 03-27-2012, 12:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FJDave
    replied
    I'm at CSB (County Services Bureau) in the South County area.

Leave a comment:

• BTANNER
    replied
    Last edited by Recruit42; 03-27-2012, 12:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FJDave
    replied
    So do you know where you will be assigned yet? Congrats on getting hired.

Leave a comment:

• BTANNER
    replied
    Last edited by Recruit42; 03-27-2012, 12:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FJDave
    replied
    Your chances of getting a gig in the AV are pretty good. We have courts up there, and the new Parks Bureau (PKB) has security officers working there too. Also there are spots at High Desert Hospital in County Services Bureau. BUT, you work for the County of Los Angeles. You COULD be assigned anywhere....although they try to schedule you as close to home as they can in most cases.

Health and dental benefits cover your spouse or partner. Open Enrollment is this month. But you should have signed up for your health plan on your first day or two in the academy already.

Leave a comment:

• BTANNER
    replied
    Last edited by Recruit42; 03-27-2012, 12:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JoeJimenez
    replied
    How long does it take to get a word back form HR about your psychological examination? It's been 2 weeks since I took the exam and no word..

I hope good news travels slow in this case lol.

Leave a comment:

• avalon42
    replied
    Originally posted by Prospective View Post
    I applied to the Security Officer position back in May of 2010. I have heard nothing at all yet. I think they are done trying to hire it would seem.
    Yup, tested the end of May and still nothing. Not even a background interview. I got my transcripts and credit report ordered too, and it expired already. Good grief.

Leave a comment:

• JoeJimenez
    replied
    Originally posted by bigcitypolice06 View Post
    Well there should be an opening considering that this guy just got popped for murder....

http://cbs2.com/local/wedding.shooti...2.1885642.html
    "Officers say Ochoa is a civilian Los Angeles County security officer. "

Jesus christ are you serious, even with all the filtering/screening process. Thanks for pointing that article out, I totally missed it.
    Last edited by JoeJimenez; 09-01-2010, 03:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bigcitypolice06
    replied
    Well there should be an opening considering that this guy just got popped for murder....

http://cbs2.com/local/wedding.shooti...2.1885642.html

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16474 users online. 327 members and 16147 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X