Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9mm beretta is what were given, no shotgun training but i heard for you work at the colleges they send you to the range for additional training maybe with the shotgun idk

Comment

• 92 FS? After probation can you choose a different weapon ( on the approved list ) on your own dime?

Comment

• I know deputies can but sos I don't think so u can change sam brown belts and holsters though it is a 9mm fs that we carry

Comment

• Thanx for the info! I look forward to reading your future updates.

Comment

• Hmmmm...still waiting to get the letter in the mail telling me whats going on. I talked to the head of the Civilian Dept hiring on Friday. She said they had already sent the packet off. It was either wednesday or thursday. i was thinking it would be here today but...still nothing. Hopefully tomorrow.

Comment

• What about body armour,do they pay for it or do you?

Comment

• They provide you with body armour

Comment

• How is it going rceler? Things in the academy getting busy, you guys are down to a couple weeks. Im still waiting for my letter. Hopefully it will come tomorrow.

Comment

• Its going good thanks for askin just got bout two weeks to go thursday we gotta qualify at the range so hopefully I pass that we got OC sprayed yesterday so were wineing down to our last week soon hopefully you receive ur letter

Comment

• Wow you guys got hit with OC? This i as close to deputy academy as you can get it sounds like. Im sure you will qualify and be on your way. question though, have you shot before? If not did they show you the basics and such? And how far back do you have to be while you shoot? Good luck out there.

Comment

• Is an LASD Security Officer position/duties comparable to OC Sheriff's Special Officer (SSO) position? SSO's work county corrections, security, transportation, airports.

thanks
                        Timelines:

CBPO
                        App: 2/12/09
                        Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                        Written: 2/20/09
                        NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                        TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                        App: 5/5/09
                        Geo: San Diego
                        Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                        NOR: 7/20/09
                        Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                        TO: 10/6/09
                        Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                        Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                        Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                        App: 8/17/10
                        Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                        TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

• Yeah the LASD SO position is similar to orange counties Special officer, i think the pay is a bit better though over in orange county they start at 20.00 i believe were getting about 17.00 but its about the same job and same look. I shot before but its better to let the LASD instructors teach you from scratch because you got to learn there way of shooting its better not to bring over bad habits that you learn out on your own. Yes they do train you in there techniques on shooting.

Comment

• Thats what i figured and im sure their way is better any how. Checked the mail and...still nothing. So what does range qualifying consist of?

Comment

• Will I'm qulifing thursday so once I take da test I can tell you more but from what I'm told you shoot from different distances the farest being 25 yards there's like 7 yards 15 yards you keep goin farer back and you shoot two rounds at each distance believe you gotta score 300 somewhere in that range in order to pass there's also combat shooting involved you'll probely have to shoot from different combat stances its kinda different compare to before I hear its a new program now than before

Comment

• Thats a bit of a distance. Im sure you will pass though. do people on average especially who have never shot before score well with the training you guys get? And from what i understand you said earlier you cant take your weapon home? Even after you pass the academy? Also you may not know but are you cleared for a Consealed Weapons permit (CCW)? Good luck youre almost done!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14747 users online. 400 members and 14347 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X