Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrads on getting hired. To answer your question they tell you what u need for Monday on Fri the 2nd day of your orentation. The packet in the mail just tells you that ur going be hired and were to report too. Once the DIs tell you what to buy you will be buying around 500 dollars worth of stuff thats about how much i spent on this academy for gear. The tests you will be tested on cpr first aid you will have a 85 mulitiply choice test for 832 PC thats the main test and you will be tested on cursory searching and handcuffing and you will also be tested on your shooting at the range the teach you everything just gotta take good notes and listen and you should be fine. Yes there was a couple people that applied for DST there because at this time thats all the sheriff dept is hiring is SOs any other questions get at me good luck!!!!

Comment

• Thanks a ton for the info im pretty excited and trying to be patient. So the first day is not the actual start of class huh? I will have to commute about and hour and a half but it will be worth it. Have you had people "washout" or fail so far?
      Last edited by EGOFF; 03-18-2010, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• A couple like 2 I believe becuase of there age and the pt even tho its light for the most part but we do do pt the most we've run is 3 miles so far was more of a jog actually the first 2 days are orentation they talk to you about benifits n all dat

Comment

• Thanks rceler, keep me posted on how things are going. Good luck and God bless.

Comment

• Are the benifits pretty good?

Comment

• The benifits are pretty much what a county employee gets, you get full medical and dental, pension retirement, holiday pay, sick time, leave time, thinks theres other kinds of time that you get paid for as a county employee, get to be part of PPOA Union and Sheriff Relief if u like you can get life insurance also for a low cost to you to me its pretty good vs the Private sector were your insurance the co-pays are high and social security retirement isnt really that good these days and who knows the years to come.

Comment

• Thanks for the info about the benifits i was wondering the same. What kind of equiptment do you have to buy (like do you have to buy your gun belt, uniform, etc.) and where do you get it?

Comment

• the gun belt is provided to you and all the stuff that goes on the gun belt. You just gotta buy pt gear, and duty boots, and running shoes and shoe shine, lunch box, brief case, that type of stuff most u can find at big 5 or target

Comment

• Rceler, join Sheriff's Relief right away. If you don't they charge you back dues to when you were first eligible and it's well worth the dues.
                    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

• thanks for the heads up, i did join my first day and i already had to used sheriff relief to get some extra money to buy my gear it is worth the 15 ah month i think so also

Comment

• Thanks rceler you have a lot of helpful info. Is Sheriffs Relief some tiype of union? Enjoy your weekend im sure you can use the rest.

Comment

• Sheriff relief is basicly kinda like a club membership im sure more than half of the department belongs to the sheriff relief they let you borrow money and theyll take it out of your paycheck each time you get paid like 40 dollars each time untill you pay off your loan, also i think if you were to die they pay funeral costs to your family i believe correct me if im wrong. You also get a star news magazine each month i think it will worth the money it 15 a month to be a member. The union for SOs is PPOA professonal peace officer association

Comment

• Thanks ill be sure to join that as well. Im sure i will learn all about this when my papers come hopefully in a couple days. Do you get to take your county issued equiptment home?
                            Last edited by EGOFF; 03-20-2010, 03:13 AM.

Comment

• Your sam brown belt pretty much everything except your gun once u get done and into your unit you can sign this form to take ur weapon home with you so u can train with it at the range

Comment

• Just curious rceler, what side arm do they issue SO's? Do you get trained with the shot gun also? Good luck and stay safe!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19160 users online. 495 members and 18665 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X