300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SGPSO View Post
    I took the test last week. We also filled out a history statement, mostly on drugs. We were handed the BG packet. I don't remember geting a date on when the BG is due. I read all the paper work and theres no due date. Just finished my BG for another Dept. Now I am going to start LASO one. I should have it ready when I get the call. I just want a job, any job.
    Heard that. I took the test a while ago. Still nothing from them.

Comment

• july class

I heard I am in the July 19th class. orientation 15/16th. I had to call them because I havent heard from them. I called Monterey Park. She said that they havent sent the letters yet but that my name is on the spreadsheet. Anyone heard the same?

Comment

• If you're talking about the Security Officer position,that make sense. They've been running the 5 week classes back to back this year. The current class graduates on Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
          You aren't IAD are you??? ( I know nuthin' in that case) Remember, everyone shows up at LAX, sooner or later- and man. the stories some guys tell .....
          DOA, you guys work 4-10 or 3-12's up there?

A little off-topic guys, sorry..

Comment

• Just got back from my Medical Evaluation for LASD Security Officer, just waiting to take my Psych test...

Comment

• I got my credit report and transcripts ready to go...anyone else take the test in late May and haven't heard back yet? I'm worried because the credit report will expire before they call me to submit it.

Comment

• I just failed my poly!! Sucks, I know!! The worst part about the whole thing was to find out that the issue I had problems with was related to gang activity or association! How come?!!! I've never been related in any way with those damn "pelones" . But it is all right since I'm gonna have another shot. I'm gonna be taking a specific poly really soon. What do you guys think about that one??!!
                "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
                Written Test: 10/04/10
                NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
                TSL 1: 11/17/10
                OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
                Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
                TSL 2: 04/29/11.
                e-QIP: 05/08/11
                BI Interview: 07/26/11
                Drug test: 08/05/11
                Polygraph: 02/08/2012
                CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
                Written Test: 12/09/10
                NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
                TSL 1: 06/14/11
                PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
                VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• It happens. I failed a poly with an agency and they wouldn't re-test me per department policy. Same issue too, I failed on gang association. I passed with the next agency and was ultimately hired. Don't sweat it, a failed poly won't derail you.

On your re-test, remain calm and be truthful and you'll be fine. And DON"T change your answers or ADD any information after the test.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScanuck View Post
                    It happens. I failed a poly with an agency and they wouldn't re-test me per department policy. Same issue too, I failed on gang association. I passed with the next agency and was ultimately hired. Don't sweat it, a failed poly won't derail you.

On your re-test, remain calm and be truthful and you'll be fine. And DON"T change your answers or ADD any information after the test.
                    Will do that, thanx for the advice...
                    "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
                    Written Test: 10/04/10
                    NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
                    TSL 1: 11/17/10
                    OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
                    Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
                    TSL 2: 04/29/11.
                    e-QIP: 05/08/11
                    BI Interview: 07/26/11
                    Drug test: 08/05/11
                    Polygraph: 02/08/2012
                    CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
                    Written Test: 12/09/10
                    NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
                    TSL 1: 06/14/11
                    PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
                    VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• Any idea how long it takes for you to get word after you take the psychological exam?

Comment

• I applied to the Security Officer position back in May of 2010. I have heard nothing at all yet. I think they are done trying to hire it would seem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prospective View Post
                          I applied to the Security Officer position back in May of 2010. I have heard nothing at all yet. I think they are done trying to hire it would seem.
                          ya, sure looks and feel like it. i already got hired and do security for a local school district and i applied for more agencies since i completed my background. i would have to redo it in order for it to be current. i am pretty sure i am going with withdraw.

Comment

• Well there should be an opening considering that this guy just got popped for murder....

http://cbs2.com/local/wedding.shooti...2.1885642.html
                            "For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer." Romans 13:4

Comment

• Originally posted by bigcitypolice06 View Post
                              Well there should be an opening considering that this guy just got popped for murder....

http://cbs2.com/local/wedding.shooti...2.1885642.html
                              "Officers say Ochoa is a civilian Los Angeles County security officer. "

Jesus christ are you serious, even with all the filtering/screening process. Thanks for pointing that article out, I totally missed it.
                              Last edited by JoeJimenez; 09-01-2010, 03:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prospective View Post
                                I applied to the Security Officer position back in May of 2010. I have heard nothing at all yet. I think they are done trying to hire it would seem.
                                Yup, tested the end of May and still nothing. Not even a background interview. I got my transcripts and credit report ordered too, and it expired already. Good grief.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12278 users online. 370 members and 11908 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X