Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone know when the next SO class is?

Comment

• Got "the call" this morning!! Ill be in the JUNE 10TH Class.. anyone else get the same call????

Comment

• congrats!

Congrats! JUST START TO RUN DO CARDIO ..FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD THERE MAKING THE S/O'S RUN A LOT AND MORE P.T. THAN BEFORE..JUST GO IN WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND BE WILLING TO LEARN AND GOOD LUCK!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sheriff s/o View Post
          Congrats! JUST START TO RUN DO CARDIO ..FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD THERE MAKING THE S/O'S RUN A LOT AND MORE P.T. THAN BEFORE..JUST GO IN WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND BE WILLING TO LEARN AND GOOD LUCK!!
          THANX FOR THE HEADS UP!! IM EXCITED N READY TO GET IT STARTED!!

Comment

• For you S/Os working hospitals....I'm assigned to CSB starting next Sunday, but I don't know what station or hospital yet. When I find out I'll let ya know...if I'm at your loc, look me up and say hi....I'll be the old looking Deputy who looks lost....
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Smurfette
            Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
            Originally posted by DAL
            You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

• Hey Dave. So they're assigning you guys to CSB instead of custody? Are they assigning guys to CPB also? That's better than custody.

Comment

• Only 6 out of 39 of my transition class was assigned to CSB....the rest are all custody. I REALLY lucked out! What is CPB - not familiar with that acronym...
                sigpic
                Originally posted by DAL

Comment

• The new County Parks Bureau. I think that's where you were assigned last. Wasn't it?

Comment

• I was assigned there until I became a Deputy. Now that I'm a Dep, I'm not patrol certified so I can't work the same job I've worked for the last 10 years....so I go to hospitals. Meh....it's a living. But I must say that it's weird working for a department that cares about it's people...
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by DAL

Comment

• I just got back from my Testing today. It was mainly for Security Assistant, not Security Officer. Apparently, I goofed when I printed out my form because it reverted back to the SA classification and exam number on the PDF form. Luckily, they understood and said that they could transfer scores easily enough. Everyone but 4 elected to apply for both positions.

I was bummed to hear the announcement though: 1-2 months to even get a call back for an initial background appointment, and then another 6-9 months to just finish a BI, not necessarily including your medical, polygraph, or other steps in the hiring process. They told everyone that they already have more than enough apps than open positions.

Comment

• Well, if any of you are at Harbor/UCLA hospital, that is where I will be. Come by and say hi!!
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by DAL

Comment

• I know what you mean avalon42, I ran home after testing to gather all my documents, just to call and find out that it wont be a "few months" before we get assigned a background investigator. I was hoping to turn in my background packet asap to get ahead of the pack. I will try calling back in a week to see if things change.

Comment

• I know you get a few choices as far as post assignments, but how often does someone get what they chose? Do they at least try to match you close to home?

Comment

• Does anyone know when the next SO class is? Haven't read any new info recently...

Comment

• I took the test last week. We also filled out a history statement, mostly on drugs. We were handed the BG packet. I don't remember geting a date on when the BG is due. I read all the paper work and theres no due date. Just finished my BG for another Dept. Now I am going to start LASO one. I should have it ready when I get the call. I just want a job, any job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10112 users online. 194 members and 9918 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X