Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's Good..ya Its The Same Colleges Respond To Any Call Including Back Up Request From Other Units And Non Workable Stuff Also..stay Safe Out There Guys!

Comment

• Hey rceler I've been following the threads good to see your 10-8 and enjoying the job. Just wondering how is olive view? Is it a quiet with an occasional call here or there or is it pretty hectic? sheriff s/o also feel free to comment with your experience at the college seems like you have a lot of knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by EGOFF View Post
        For Those Coming May 6th Here Is A Tad Bit Of Heads Up. Please Be Respectful To The Staff, You Can Go To Class And Have A Good Time With Your Buddies But You Have To Learn To Put On 2 Hats As They Will Tell You Many Times Over. 2. Study Your Radio Codes When You Get The Book. That Radio And The Codes Are Vital. Im Still Learning Too But Practice. Flash Cards Are Best. And 3. No One Really Told Me This Before I Started You Will Be Spending Around $1k For Your Training Especially If You Live In The A.v. Like Me You May Want To Get A Hotel And Stay. You Guys Will Have Fun And Meet Great People Including The Instructors. Just Be Professional And Have Fun At The Same Time. I Graduate On Friday W The Rest Of My Class. I May See You There!!! Good Luck And Godspeed.10-23.

To Answer The Previous Question Around 200 People Just Recently Tested This Past Saturday And Only 45 Positions Are Open Per Class. Just Be Patient And It Will Happen.
        Congrats on your graduation today. You all looked great out there. Hopefully in 5 weeks our class will be there as well. And thanks for that info and heads up. We have a radio codes test monday already. It's alot of codes to learn. I wonder if were going to be tested on all of them? Well, I hope we have a good time through out this academy and are able to graduate like you all did. Be safe out there at your new locations and goodluck!

Comment

• Cali breeze08...thnks...for all u guys in the academy just listen and do as they tell u to...trust me some of the things are gona be tough and u might not want to do it but when ure in the field its going to be easier when writting a report doing a crime broadcast...idk howmuch p.t. you guys are doing but once. U graduate don't stop exercising because u might be in a fight or one of your partners and you want to make sure you can always perform you're job at 110 percent!! Goodluck!

Comment

• I have the written on the 25th. Is it the same as the DST one or not? The letter says to allow 3 to 4 hours to take it. When I did DST in 08 we had an hour and a half. I wouldn't think the SO test would be harder then DST.

Comment

• Serenade84........the s/o test is not very hard but don't under estimate the test all you have to do is get half to pass...just refresh on english grammar and I think it has some graph in it

Comment

• Anyone else going on the may 25th test date?

Comment

• Thanks. That sounds like the DST test. Do they grade the tests and give you the results before you leave? Maybe that's why it's 3 to 4 hours.

Comment

• They grade and gave you a background packet..and make you fill out the preliminary background drug questionaire....its a lenghty packet if there is drug usage to report...but if you passed dst then this s/o test should be good...good luck pm if. You have any questions

Comment

• OVMC olive view is not as active as USC medical center but it has its moments but you do respond to calls daily mostly 415s and injury reports, incident reports, lost ids, basic stuff really, writing parking cites, getting better with radio codes and radio traffic its a good place to learn at a steady pace not super busy but not super slow either.

Comment

• Originally posted by pec86 View Post
                        Anyone else going on the may 25th test date?
                        Didn't get the letter yet...anxiously waiting. May have to call in and see if they got my app.

Comment

• Hey everyone, I got sent a test date for May 20th. However, I live in Chicago, pretty far...Ive awlays wanted to move and live out west, and get into law enforcement, right now im a sworn reserve deputy for a sheriffs department out here...so i have some background. I applied for the security officer position, my question is is the process to get hired really hard and very competitive and are they hiring a lot of officers, I just don't want to waste my time and money coming out there, if the chance is slim to getting the job. Any opinions advice would be helpful
                          thanks!

Comment

• Just called in to find out status of application. SEU told me that it takes 6-8 weeks to process an application, so they can't confirm or deny that they received it until that time has passed.

So, sit tight and wait...like everything else.

BTW, had another question. Is the background packet the yellow form 76A647 SH-AD-223 REV 01-99 (bottom left hand corner)?
                            Last edited by avalon42; 05-10-2010, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Ok, got my letter today. May 27th @ 0800 for testing.

I called RFB and was told that there is no conflict of interest in serving as a Reserve Deputy and LASD Security Officer at the same time. Whew! Glad to hear I'll be able to keep my POST active.

Comment

• 27th. They must be doing a lot of testing still.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15344 users online. 518 members and 14826 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X