Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Those Coming May 6th Here Is A Tad Bit Of Heads Up. Please Be Respectful To The Staff, You Can Go To Class And Have A Good Time With Your Buddies But You Have To Learn To Put On 2 Hats As They Will Tell You Many Times Over. 2. Study Your Radio Codes When You Get The Book. That Radio And The Codes Are Vital. Im Still Learning Too But Practice. Flash Cards Are Best. And 3. No One Really Told Me This Before I Started You Will Be Spending Around $1k For Your Training Especially If You Live In The A.v. Like Me You May Want To Get A Hotel And Stay. You Guys Will Have Fun And Meet Great People Including The Instructors. Just Be Professional And Have Fun At The Same Time. I Graduate On Friday W The Rest Of My Class. I May See You There!!! Good Luck And Godspeed.10-23.

To Answer The Previous Question Around 200 People Just Recently Tested This Past Saturday And Only 45 Positions Are Open Per Class. Just Be Patient And It Will Happen.

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it. And to answer your question Bcryan, I took the written test for the DST I believe on July 10th 2009 or so and started the process then. I completed all tests and passed background around decemeber. Then was given a call telling me I was on the "ok to hire list" and currently there wasn't any deputy classes scheduled and if I wanted the SO job, in which I said yeah.
      Last edited by mmjsport; 05-04-2010, 10:36 PM. Reason: Text error

Comment

• Good luck too you all with the SO process they had me call like 50 DST recruits to ask them if they wanted to become SOs because there isn't any DST anytime soon

Comment

• How many SOs are they likely to hire to fill those new contracts? Sounds like this window may be closing as well...

Comment

• New To This Website...
            All You Guys Going For S/o Good Luck To You All..it's A Great Job And Trust Me..working Colleges Or Parks You Will Learn A Lot If You Are Applying For Leo.

Comment

• Thanks for all the information everyone. I'm very excited to finally start. And I will see you there TNASH23, my name is Martin.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmjsport View Post
                Thanks for all the information everyone. I'm very excited to finally start. And I will see you there TNASH23, my name is Martin.
                My name is Terrance.

Comment

• sheriff s/o

You guys that are going to graduate this Friday were are u guys going to get assigned?

Comment

• Hey Guys.. Thanx For All The Info! But Does Anyone Know When Is The Next Class?? The One After The May 6th... Idk If They Are Doing It Every Month Or So... Thanx!!
                    Last edited by NAY81; 05-05-2010, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAY81 View Post
                      Hey Guys.. Thanx For All The Info! But Does Anyone Know When Is The Next Class?? The One After The May 6th... Idk If They Are Doing It Every Month Or So... Thanx!!
                      I think there is a class every month until they fill all the positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAY81 View Post
                        Hey Guys.. Thanx For All The Info! But Does Anyone Know When Is The Next Class?? The One After The May 6th... Idk If They Are Doing It Every Month Or So... Thanx!!
                        Yeah, I believe being told June 10th by Civilians Background when I called a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

• rumor around the dept has it they will be hiring till aug...but its only rumor were losing bodies to go to the parks so most of the new pple are going to go to colleges or straight to county services or parks

Comment

• Good luck, we need 5 more i believe here at olive view

Comment

• hey u guys need 5 pple in olive view? hows the schedule and the responsibilities of an s/o? do we drive around in white sheriffs cars?

Comment

• we haven't got a patrol car yet, but were told we will soon, our duties patrol the interior and exterior of the facility, and respond to calls from dispatch, calls usually are 415s, but really any call that comes in we rolling too, also taking injury reports, lost property reports, and non workable reports. Also they got a phsyc ward and physc ER there so we respond to calls regarding phsyc patients

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17423 users online. 500 members and 16923 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X